Grand Central Station

The Zoosters sat quietly on the subway. Melman's neck bent around to the other side of the seats. In the corner next to Alex's right, was a man who was trembling. The lion squinted and leaned in close to read the words

GOLDEN STATE CRUSH KNICKS AGAIN.

The moment the man peeked from the newspaper - in his point of view- Alex roared.

"Aw! Knicks lost again." Alex had groaned dejectedly from the news as Melman glanced at them from the other side and responded in a monotone voice. "Eh, what are you going to do?"

A noise called out that could be easily mistaken for someone talking through a fan that could've had their wisdom tooth token out crackled over the intercom.

"Did that say 'Grand Central Station' or 'my aunt's constipation'?" Alex asked aloud, confused, as Gloria nodded softly.

"This is it!" She replied.

"Grand Central Station!" Marty breathed, taking in the scenery of the building and lights. "It's grand and it's central."

"And it's a station." Ayana snickered.

As soon as the train doors opened up, despite Alex pushing them apart, they ran to the stairs that led to the location where Marty and Aina were most likely to be. A deafening clatter rang out. Melman, who had been wary of the city in the first place, got his head caught in the shutting door.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!"

After unclogging his head, Melman began floundering around and accidentally trampled through the remains of what had to be a drum kit that belonged to a man in dark sunglasses.

The chaos continued when Alex, the King of New York was swinging from a suspended light then jumping to the floor where crowds of citizens ran amuck through the stairs, screaming for their lives.

"Move aside. We have an emergency here. This is an emergency situation. Hey, hey. Just chill out. It's not that big of an emergency. Upstairs, downstairs." He notified the people.

An elderly woman peacefully walking by saw Alex frantically running about and with impossible speed and agility, and swung her handbag right at his head. "Upstairs, downstairs!" She screamed.

Before he could even respond to the woman, she struck him a few times maced the grown lion. "How do you like that?"

Alex cried out in pain, lifting his right arm and the woman grabs it, letting out a yell, and flipped him over.

"Lady! What is wrong with you?!" Alex was then pelted with more hits in the back of his skull. "Get a grip on yourselves, people."

As the lion ran away before she could give the lion another beatdown, the older woman scorned him. "You're a bad kitty!"

Marty and Ayana watched as the board changed.

"Dagnabbit! We missed the express. Looks like we're gonna have to take the Stamford local."

Ayana shrugged. "Oh, well. Not like the wild is going anywhere."

Unexpectedly, the two were tackled to the ground by Alex.

"I got 'em! I've got 'em!"