Chapter 20: Last day before the end

Of break.

One moment please, ehem

NEW C0VER!!!

I drew a new cover inspired LETallMYcellsDIE's rendition, you should go see theirs. It's in the Hetalia book I believe.
https://my.w.tt/wuobG6UkJcb

The new cover  looks like this(I know it sucks):

Anyway, back to the story.
_____________________________________________

Alfred was sitting at home, just playing on his phone a bit. He got an email and realized it was his second semester schedule. 

A day:

8:00- 9:00: Hockey with Mr. Williams

9:03- 10:03: Whatever Mr. Wang is teaching.

10:06-11:06:Knitting with Mr.Braginsky

12:09-1:09: Lunch.

1:12- 2:12:  Off

2:15- 3:15: Off

B day:

8:00- 9:00: Gardening with Mr. Vargas and Mr. Carriedo

9:03- 10:03: Oragami with Mr. Honda

10:06-11:06: Off

12:09-1:09: Lunch.

1:12- 2:12: Off

2:15- 3:15: Fashion with Mr.Bonnefoy

(I'm lazy okay. That, and I don't think I can suffer through another language class)

Guess they ran out of idea's for classes. He knows Switzerland said I'm out, tbh knowing who he is now, Alfred's suprised that he lasted a semester before peaceing out. Hungary also decided to leave, her reasons remain unknown.

Alfred read his schedule a few times, a small smile on his face. His hair was two shades lighter, hinting at a soft sunny blonde color. His eyes a glazed over sky blue as he gently scanned the page. His skin looked healthy for once, not it's unnatural grey anymore. But the change was also seen in his clothes, he had a light blue hoodie on over some comfortable black pants. He only had on some maple leaf socks, gifted from his brother, seeing as he didn't think he was going anywhere today.

Alfred checked his phone and recognized that his favorite YouTuber was streaming and quickly he brought up the stream. He watched that for a few hours, feeling pride over the recent success of one of his citizens with their YouTube channel. It was strange to feel pride over someone he had never met, but it made him proud.

A few hours later, there is a knock on his room door. He recognized the pattern and the strength behind it almost immediately. He squirmed out of his bed where he had wrapped himself in blankets and didn't feel like moving even long after the stream ended.

His blue hoodie was ruffled in places and one pant leg was longer than the other, rolled up his leg. His socks were barely holding on to his feet. In his desperation to reach the door he failed to notice how crazy his hair was.

He pulled open the door with a small smile, "Hey Mattie." Alfred chirps and Matthew looks him over.

"You look like you just crawled out of bed eh." Matthew mutters softly and Alfred flushes as he tries in vain to flatten what he can of his hair.

One piece however was making itself known, sticking up more and more as time passes. It almost had a mind of it's own, and Alfred couldn't get it to flatten no matter how he tried.

"What brings yah down here Mattie ta see me?" Alfred said, before freezing. His accent, it just...slipped... He was almost concerned. Matthew seemed suprised as well before smiling.

"Can't say I'm suprised with how many different accents there are in your country." Matthew says patting his head like he was a small child.

Alfred usually would run from such affection, but the brotherly love just made him feel...something. He struggles to name the emotion as he feels the need to roll in it.

Emotions were just so confusing all the time, he feels them but he doesn't understand them all that well. He came back when Matthew left him to go check out the house. He glanced after the Canadian before closing the door and rushing to find him. The Canadian was looking around his kitchen and Alfred felt nervous.

"Alfie, have you been eating properly?" Matthew asks

"Of course Mattie". Alfred said, sweating a bit as Matthew opened the cupboard.

"Huh, I don't believe you. All I can find is a unopened jar of peanut butter. Your kitchen is empty eh." Matthew almost glares at him with an accusation

"I, uh, haven't gotten the time to go shopping lately. You know with school starting and all."

"Okay, sure. But I don't see any takeout or leftovers anywhere. And you don't even have condiments." Matthew says

"I..um finished it all, even the ketchup and threw it all away." Alfred didn't even convince himself, he used to be good at lying. What happened?

"Hmm." Matthew hummed softly, leveling a look at Alfred.

"I forgot okay, I uh keep forgetting to get food and stuff. I'm just blown away with everything and I keep forgetting." Alfred finally admits

"Why didn't you talk to me eh, I would've helped you with that." Matthew responded after a moment of silence.

Matthew ordered some dinner for them and it arrived soon after, the two eating together. Alfred feeling this need to talk non-stop slipping into at least 25 accents without realizing, Matthew listened amused.

"So, I'll be seeing you bright and early tomorrow morning?" Matthew says and Alfred nods.

"I won't go easy on you just because your my brother, no one takes Hockey more serious than I do." Matthew said darkly and Alfred had no doubt.

"So, just like when we were kids." Alfred muttered softly, remembering a time when it was just them and their mother roaming the universe. Small little children, Matthew was a bit cruel to him but only because the world would be cruelest. But, he knew Matthew didn't really mean any of it. He was just protective of his baby brother, even though their twins and Alfred was only born a few days after. (Nations are weird like that sometimes.)

Matthew seemed suprised but he smiled and agreed softly. The brothers spent the night together, Matthew lecturing him on taking care of himself one last time before leaving. Alfred gets a glass of water and drinks it before going to bed.

He didn't know what awaited him tomorrow, and a new feeling bloomed in his chest. One he didn't recognize, he was almost excited but it was also nervous. He eventually fell asleep.

A/N- Hey guys, you miss me? Sorry for not updating in so long. I just haven't been feeling it lately, but maybe I will write some more. Sorry about the cover, I just wanted a new one and it was okayer than the last one...

What is editing?

Au revoir!