Here On Out

June 19, 2018
10:36 p.m
Los Angeles, California
Jordan Ma'Lise Jones

I covered my ears hearing all the screaming coming from a little girl named Passion

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I covered my ears hearing all the screaming coming from a little girl named Passion. She was like 3 years old and we shared a room together, she was really like a little sister to me. She was so small, didn't even look three.

The door busted open and she came in screaming and crying.

"Lay down!" One of our foster parents yelled and she quickly got in the bed.

"You lay yo ass down too!" She yelled and I just nodded. She slammed the door shut and I heard a click meaning she locked it.

"Passion, come here." I whispered and she quietly got up coming over to me. I picked her up holding her close.

"Don't cry ok, we have to be strong ok." She nodded slowly wiping her face.

"She hurt me." She sniffed showing me her arms, they had were red as hell, I knew for sure the bruises would be there later.

"We gotta get out of here." I mumbled getting up. I quickly put on my shoes putting hers on too. I packed as much of both of our things into my book bag. I went over to the window pushing it up. This is how I always snuck out.

I had to move quickly but quietly, we were upstairs and our foster parents were downstairs so we couldn't be too loud or else they would hear us.

I put on my book bag grabbing Passion.

"Hold on ok, tight." She nodded wrapping her arms around my neck as tight as she could. She was really choking me but at least she was holding on. I quickly climbed out the window.

I rested one of my hands on the back of her head and the other on her back. I jumped landing on my feet.

I pulled out my phone FaceTiming Kemonté and he immediately answered.

"What nigga?"

"Where you at?" I asked looking around.

"Somebody house, apparently he's that girl named Javen father. Look-" He showed me his puffy eye.

"Awe stanka, you got punched in Yo shit?" He flicked me off.

"Why is you on my phone?"

"I just need you to be on the phone ok." I said finally starting to walk away.

"Mhmmm, where you going? Who that?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to Javen's aunts house." Javen had took both me and Kemonté to meet who would be adopting us. Her aunt was actually willing to take me in and Javen's dad eventually gave in to taking Kemonté in. Her dad got easily irritated with him, Kemonté was just so much to handle I didn't blame him.

I really loved Javen's aunt, she really was what Javen told of her. I couldn't wait for everything to be official. I was just worried about Passion, what would happen to her? I didn't want to just leave her behind, I wanted to know she was going to alright too.