Tweleve

7 AM

Sam sat in the passengers seat next to her sister, who was taking the first driving shift, as the men folk finished packing the car. "Dude, can you believe that this is your last trip as a family of two and Dale?" Gene gasped. "When you guys get back you'll be giving birth to your twinies," she smirked, poking at Sam's stomach.

"You're gonna poke one day, and I'm gonna slap the shit out of you," Sam mumbled, just loud enough for Gene to hear.

"Try it bitch," Gene smirked.

"You can't hit me back, I'm pregnant," Sam smirked.

"Your face isn't pregnant," Gen snapped back through a giggle. Sam gasped and lightly pushed her sister. "I can't wait to be by a pool. Your house is boring!" Gene complained as the trunk was shut.

"You could've stayed at your own house!" Sam replied. Gene rolled her eyes, as Sam's phone rang. "Hi, Anna," Sam smiled, pushing her hair behind her to show off her gym shark top.

"Hi, Samansa! What are you up to?" She asked, seeing her friend glowing. Sam shrugged and looked around.

"Gene and I are in the car, but the guys are packing up the car so we can leave for Florida. Why are you up so early?" Sam asked, seeing the time read seventeen past seven. Anna shrugged.

"I got up with the puppy and now I can't sleep. I wanted to check on you and my baby," she replied. Gene looked over as Sam smirked.

"Well, your babies are doing amazing. One is in my rib and the other is in my spine," she replied. "Both are still asleep, though." Anna's hand shot to her mouth.

"Shut up! Sam, what? Do you know the sexes are they kings, queens, one of each?" Anna asked. Sam shrugged.

"We know, but we aren't saying anything until they are born. We are hoping that after they are born we can have a virtual baby shower," the mommy-to-be said. Sam dropped her for a second feeling a sort of intense cramp.

"You okay?" Anna asked, seeing her friends head go down. Sam nodded and took a deep breathe, coming back.

"It was a cramp. Nothing, I haven't had before," she wrote off. "Okay, so, yeah," she said going back to her normal self, "we are going to Florida today and I'm scheduled for my delivery on Halloween. Literally a month after we get back!" She announced.

"So soon? It feels like just yesterday you told us you were pregnant," Anna gushed. "Well, I can't wait to meet them. But, I'll let you go. Tell everyone I said hi," she beamed. Sam hung up and dropped her phone in her lap.

"I'm ready to go!" She loudly claimed as her husband, finally emerged behind Nick and Dale, locking the door. "Finally! I'm hungry," she grumbled. Gene started the car as the guys hopped in the back.

"Alright, let's go! Mama's gotta eat and we want to keep her happy," she said, pulling out of the driveway and into the quiet street towards their quarantine vacation spot.

10 AM

Gene was on her last hour before switching with her sister and after eating, Nick and Sam were both asleep. "Hey," Gene called, glancing to Matt in the second row with Dale looking at his phone.

"Sup, Geege," he replied. Gene merged into the fast lane to pass a few cars and leaned her head against the window with the open road in front of her.

"Are you ready to be a dad? This will be the last time you go to Florida as a couple," Gene reminded. Matt ran his hand over his head.

"I don't know. I'm scared. I thought I was ready for one, but I don't know, now. I'm getting a boy and a girl. A son and a daughter. Those are two different worlds!" Matt said, the magnitude of his situation weighing on him.