Seventeen

32 Weeks
Monday Morning

7:02AM

Birds chirped, blenders roared, the sun glared. "Fuck," Sam mumbled, tiredly sitting up. She had an appointment at 8 AM to see her babies. With only a month left, Samantha was at the doctors every week. Elora was getting bigger, Ellanie was just as healthy as could be, and the momma-to-be was in pain. Constantly. She had a dull round ligament pain at all times in her back and rib cage. She was starting to get used to it and didn't know what she was going to do once she was no longer pregnant.

Slowly, Sam sat up seeing her sister still asleep next to her. "Gene!" The older sister chirped. Regina inhaled harshly and sat up.

"What?" Regina grumbled. Samantha slid out of the bed to start her morning routine with a smile.

"It's baby day!" She smiled, knowing she was getting her 3D prints of daughters after her appointment. Regina nodded, giving off a loud screech through her stretch. "Get up!"

7:11 AM

Sam stood in her bathroom, plugging in her straighter, when her stomach slowly started to go hard. The pain was a bit more intense than the normal Braxton Hicks, but nothing she couldn't handle. After 22 seconds of pain, Sam took a deep breath and continued getting ready.

On the other side of the wall, Matt stood in front of the dresser staring at the last of healing bruises, before slipping on his brace. Today was the day. He was finally going to bring his plan to fruition.

Last Tuesday

Matt stood with Nick at the jewelers, staring at the best 2,600 dollars he'd spent in a long time. "You think she's gonna love it?" Matt asked. The retired farmer smiled proudly, gently patting Matt's shoulder.

"You did well,"

The Following Thursday

"Hello?" Matt quietly answered, moving outside to the back patio. "Yes, this is Matt Sheehan. You got my message?" He asked.

"Yes, sir. But to confirm, you want 5 chocolate covered strawberries, 7 white and dark chocolate dipped pineapple slices, and two red roses delivered to the listed address at 9 AM Monday Morning?" He asked. Matt nodded.

"Yup, that's perfect,"

The Next Saturday

Gene stealthy pulled Matt to the back bedroom and shut the door behind herself. "Here is the dress. How does it look?" Gene asked, pulling out a white satin/silk dress, with a scoop neck and triangle in the back.

"It's gorgeous. If those babies don't come on time, I'll-,"

"Please, do not finish that statement."

Monday Morning

With Sam in the bathroom, Matt took the time to lay out a bag on the bed. "Hey babe! Can you come here for a second?" He asked. Sam sat the straightener down and came into the bedroom half expecting to get yelled at for something dumb.

To her surprise, a Pink bag sat on the bed, confusing Sam. "What's this?" She asked, forcing her smile back. Matt scooted the present towards his wife.