𝐈𝐈. 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

• ★ •

you and vinnie had your fights, your arguments, your disagreements, but you had always managed to figure it out together and resolve the issue.

it wasn't like that this time.

you walked out of the house, slamming the door shut behind you, begging your eyes to hold your tears until you got into your car.

your vision blurred as you got into the driver's seat and put your seatbelt on, and you grabbed a tissue to wipe away the tears that were falling down your cheeks. an ugly sob forced its way out of your mouth, and you couldn't breathe as you replayed the fight you had just had with your boyfriend in your head.

slowly, you calmed down, turning your car on as you started to drive away slowly, heading to your apartment.

it had been three days.

three days without a text, without a phone call, without any contact from vinnie. you had been dragging yourself out of bed to go to class and study, but that was all you could do. you barely ate or drank anything, and it took you great effort to get ready in the mornings.

you had just finished class, feeling slightly better after receiving a 100 on your last test, and started your walk home, enjoying the small breeze that was in the evening air. ten minutes later, you were home, walking up the stairs to get to your apartment on the second floor.

you froze as you saw vinnie sitting on the ground, next to your front door. his legs were bent up to his chest, his chin resting on his knees. you could clearly make out the tears staining his face as he looked up at you, his body shivering.

you dropped your bag on the ground next to you, getting on your knees beside vinnie and wordlessly bringing him into your arms.

"i-i'm sorry," he whispered. "i'm so fucking sorry. i'm a mess and you deserve s-so much better than me and i was just so sure you had found someone b-better," he said, his voice cracking.

your heart almost broke at his fragile voice, and you brought him closer to you, squeezing him tightly. "i love you, okay? i love you, and only you, and i wish you would realize that," you replied, kissing his damp cheek. "i don't need anyone else. i just need you."

vinnie nodded, his arms wrapping around you as you settled into the crook of his neck. you had missed him, three days had been too long without the love of your life.

"i really am sorry," he mumbled into your shoulder.

you sighed, silently telling him it was okay. "let's go inside, vin. i made some pasta and we can watch whatever you want."

the two of you made your way inside you apartment, with you wiping away vinnie's tears. "we're gonna be okay, vin. it's okay."

• ★ •