chapter two, you had to have him and so you did.

7th January 2007, 10:15 AM

        IF ONE had never heard the name Satoru Gojo, they could easily mistake him for just another insolent teenager, who enjoyed rebelling against his superiors and was instantly pissed if things didn't go according to how he wanted them to. In essence, Satoru was a brat, too tall for his age, and suffering a huge lack of respect for the higher-ups. He was moody, too, Gina supposed — at least with her — because he changed the way he acted around her rather quickly, going from sensual to crudely indifferent and ignorant in less than a second.

He didn't even possess the decency to ask for her phone number, let alone suggest he would leave his written on a note on her nightstand, after he had caught her off guard at her apartment's door and before making love to her like a man possessed, driven by hunger and lust. Where he had learned to make love like that, she didn't even want to know, all she had wished for was a little more attention after he (yet again) had invaded her privacy. But then again, she didn't prevent him from doing so; she didn't resist nor falter for a second, because his eyes had already pulled her in and erased any semblance of doubt from her mind. So maybe, if Satoru was insolent and contemptuous, she was just downright stupid.

The blonde sighed inwardly as she entered the classroom, sliding the shoji door carefully shut behind her. Being sent on missions was a pain to her, and she didn't look forward to being assigned another one, because lately she'd been part of every single one Yaga came up with, no matter how petty they were. Although pride wasn't in her nature, Gina couldn't help feeling offended when he had teamed her up with Utahime Iori in order to get rid of a Grade 3 cursed spirit, Iori could've easily exorcized herself. Of course, she'd been paired up with Nanami, or sent alone to handle curses of Grade 2 or 1, but she still didn't understand as to why her teacher chose to involve her in anything which remotely resembled a curse potent enough to be considered a threat to humanity.

"You wanted to talk to me, sensei?"

Seemingly startled by her presence, Yaga looked up from the doll between his fingers. "Gina, I didn't notice you coming in."

She watched him put aside the half-finished doll and darning tools. "Another cursed corpse doll?" Gina asked with a lopsided smile on her red lips; one brow raised in amusement. Apparently he found joy in creating cute things, but she seriously wondered how many more he intended to make of these plushie-looking corpse dolls.

"It's a hobby." The tall man stated plainly, ordering her to take a seat with a serious nod of the head. "I have another mission for you, Gina." Yaga didn't fail to notice the tiny roll of her large brown eyes, but chose to ignore it. "I am aware it's been a lot for you lately, and I have kept you busy with exorcizing curses of almost every classification, but you have to understand that we are short of skilled jujutsu sorcerers." He paused, looking at her with a strange kind of sadness in his eyes. "Suguru Geto has gone rogue, annihilating an entire village of non-jujutsu sorcerers on a whim and pursuing a wrong path. Kento and you are currently the only reliable students at my disposal. Shoko's expertise is limited to medical problems, Utahime and Mei are under Yoshinobu's command and are mostly busy with missions assigned by him." He paused, clearing his throat, just about to resume where he had left off, but his student's raised hand and her puzzled facial expression caught his attention.

"What is it?"

"Excuse my asking Yaga-sensei, but how can you forget about Gojo?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "I was just about to mention him. If it's not too much to ask, hear me out, okay?" The tone of his voice was serious and laced with a tiny note of irritation, but he seemed otherwise calm and collected.