Avoid Death at All Costs

The Prince is at least 13, so the main character is at least twelve.

(S/n) = Sister's Name
(M/C/n) = Main Character's Name

TW: Gore! Lot's of gore and death.

This is not a love story. There will be no "fluff and friends".

This was the worst day ever.

I wasn't mad that I was going to die. I was mad that my little sister was. Wait, let me tell you about the prince.

     Prince Terro Aminstine. The worst person to ever step foot on Earth. Once giants came here, their diseases genetically mutated humans to where a lot of us became hybrids. For example, I'm a mouse hybrid. I'm a human with a mouse's features. Anyway, back to the prince. That jerkface and his kingdom took over a while ago and I hate it. I honestly don't have anything against giants, they understand we have emotions and see us as equals. Except the self-centered prince. He thinks we're just food. Sometimes trash to be disposed of. He hunts down humans and sprinkles them on their ice cream and cake for dessert. He heard their screams and cries and laughs, and he even goes as far as to torture them! He does this in a kingdom where we should be equal! You may think, since humans are equal, why isn't it illegal? Well, let me tell you, that spoiled brat gets whatever he wants, whenever he wants. And, it is illegal. You'll get charges just as bad as if you killed a giant, yet all Little Miss Terro has to do is act like they committed a capital crime. They didn't.

     For my sister, he said she "slaughtered a happy family". Bish, I haven't seen a happy family since his idiotic highness was born.

Now, my eight-year-old sister, who is apparently a psycho, is about to be killed. It was so hard to let her go that I volunteered to follow her into death. Where are we now? In a giant plastic cup, crowded with a bunch of other humans, and I bet my sister was the youngest. Pushed against me, I saw a boy who looked about my age, frozen in fear. My sister was crying in my lap, while holding the hand of the kind woman beside her.

Our parents probably just got home to see us gone. The neighborhood probably already told them that we were taken, and dad probably already crying while mom is having a panic attack. Half the people here are having one, too.

Suddenly a door creaked open and footsteps were heard. I heard gasped and saw people looking up. The woman holding (S/n)'s hand almost passed out. I looked up and saw a teen with red hair and eyes waving down at everyone.

Two of his fingers reached in, and (S/n) covered her ears from the sudden screams. A man with two wings and feathers on the top of his head was plucked from the crowd. He kicked and yelled, begging for mercy. "Watch." That was the only word Terhoe said before beginning his torture. (Terro =TerHOE get it😏)

We watched as the man had each wing torn off of him. I heard someone scream, "My son!", and looking in the direction, an old lady with tears in her eyes had only pain written on her face. The other elders empathized, not even able to look. My sister buried her face into my chest, and the woman squeezed her hand tighter.

"It's okay," the woman said, but instead of my sister, it was directed towards me. I know exactly why. Tears streamed from my face. My sister would face the Prince, and so would I. She leaned my head into my shoulder as I took unsteady breaths.

"I told you to look, didn't I?" We all remembered the Prince and the man he was holding. Our eyes opened wider as we saw the bird-hybrid's effects of torture. His leg was torn off, and blood was dripping from the opening in his body, dripping onto the crowd. And his head...it was completely crushed. Smeared.