The Meeting

Varian was confused as he looked all around at the white void that he stood in. He had been looking into some interesting variations to the scientific study of alchemy.

He was confused about how a circle could supposedly be a form of alchemy. It did work on some scientific rules and theories but the whole theory of transmutation through a circle had sounded far too absurd to be taken seriously in the way of science. It seemed closer to a form of, curse the word, magic. Of course, with the earlier mentioned theories, the "science" had a form of systemic structure. It was sound but surely it should have been impossible. Although, something about arriving in this void after copying out that rune-filled circle seemed far too suspiciously convenient.

"Welcome, Alchemist, I am Truth."

Varian spun on his heels and was met with a being that seemed to be formed from the very abyss of white he stood in. The only indications showing that the being even existed at all was a black, not solid, outline and a toothy grin that seemed almost sinister and conniving.

"Who... What are you?" Varian asked, spellbound by the impossibility of such a being.

"As I said, I am truth. I am one. I am all. I am you. And I am god."

"That isn't possible!" A creaking, groaning came from the wide, tall gait that stood towering behind Truth.

Inky-black tendrils of hands shot through, wrapping themselves around Varian's various limbs and torso. He was terrified as the black arms pulled him closer to the gait. His fear spiked stronger when a single, enormous eye opened in the centre of the gait.

He was pulled in.

Vast amounts of information were poured into Varian's brain. He was, at first, amazed, but then it was too much. The information was filling his brain until he was sure his skull would split open. And then he was suddenly back in the white void.

Varian turned to the gait. "It's amazing! I understand the concept fully now! But there are still more secrets. May I see it again?" Varian exclaimed excitedly, turning back to Truth. Truth seemed to grin wider, if physically possible.

"Not for the toll you have given!"

"The toll?" Varian gasped in terror as his left arm began to unravel. He screamed at the unbearable pain that snaked through the limb. He looked up to the being Truth and gasped slightly through his scream. His arm was coming back together on Truth's void arm.

"What's happening? How is this possible?" He asked through tears and pain.

He didn't get an answer before he passed out.

---

Edward was ticked. He attempted, and would have succeeded if not for Alphonse, to lunge over the cocky Colonel Mustang's desk and rip out that annoying voice box of his.

"You call me short one more more time and you'll regret it, Colonel Bastard!" Edward shouted as he attempted to escape from his brother's large, confining arms.

"That minuscule temper of yours is hardly helpful in this situation," Mustang hummed.

"Die!" Edward shouted. He was still trying to squirm free of Alphonse's hold.