Chapter 2

Everyone was silent.

Everyone just stared at the magnificent, glittering ring with their mouths wide open.

Too bad they didn't stay silent for long.

Before Evelyn could think, she was trapped in a crowd of children desperately trying to grab the ring and keep it for themselves.

"No it's mine!"

"No its MINE!"

"Get off me, you big jerk!"

"Shut up!"

"SILENCE!"A voice boomed throughout the whole room.

Everyone froze, Mr. Smith glared at every one of them and said,"This is Evelyn's ring. None of you should take it! It could be from a distant relative."

He snatched the box with the ring from the hands of a frozen boy, and handed the ring to Evelyn, saying,"Here. Wear it. It is yours, you must keep it safe. Got it?"

Evelyn gulped and nodded.

Mr. Smith, nodded, turned to everyone and screamed,"Now get your butts outta here! If not, I shall personally teach you a lesson of a lifetime!"

Everyone ran for their life.

Evelyn ran too, but before she left the room, she swore she heard Mr. Smith mutter,"I didn't think they would ask for her so soon...."

That night, Evelyn lay down on the bed in The Big Room. The Big Room was a room where all the orphans slept together. Evelyn looked at the ring on her hand, and groaned, the ring was so shiny it was gonna keep her awake all night.

She groaned and tried to bury her head into her pillow, trying to force herself to sleep.

No such luck.

She slid the ring off her finger, the diamond was made of a jewel she had never seen.

The ring shone moody blue, with a tinge of white and yellow mixed together with it.

She flipped the ring over to see if there were any engravings on it, which might help her find who it was sent from.

Instead, she found these words engraved,

To my dearest daughter.

Evelyn Weather

Wayne Lubury

Evelyn gasped, an address? Could that lead her to her long lost relative? Was her family's name actually Weather?

She couldn't wait anymore to find out. She had to find out where this place was.

She didn't care if she would get scolded when she got back, if this could show her where her relative was and she could finally get out of this place, she would do anything to find it.

She crept out of bed, careful not to wake the others up, she then tiptoed to the window and opened it, glancing down.

Thank goodness she was only on the first floor.

She climbed out and ran towards where the ring stated where the address was, but stopped.

How would she know if this was a prank?

What if her family name wasn't actually Weather?

Thousands of doubts went through her head but she shook them off, if she could find her family, she would do whatever it took, no matter the risks.

She had been in that Orphanage for 11 years, waiting for answers about her family.

She had to try.

She continued walking, and when she reached her destination, she found herself face to face with...a farm.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A FARM? Evelyn thought.

But still she walked in.

Everything was silent. You could hear a pin drop.

"Hello?"Evelyn whispered,"Is anybody home?Its me, Evelyn. Your relative. My mother sent me the ring so that I could find you right?"

Silence.

By then, Evelyn was sure that it was a prank and was about to return to the orphanage when suddenly, she heard footsteps, she spun around in alarm,"Who's there?"

"Me. Evelyn, I am here to help you. I might not be your relative, but I am here to help you."

"Show yourself! "Evelyn shouted.

"Don't you know me, Evelyn? I know you, that's for certain."

Evelyn trembled, she did not like this one bit.

The person continued,"I can help you, I just need you to help me, too."

" How?" Evelyn asked.

"By getting out of this place. This world. Trust me, wouldn't you like to be away from your teacher? Wouldn't you like to get out of the orphanage?"

"I-I would, but-"

"Then its settled! I kill you, the heir to the weather Kingdom have a happy death and I get what I want, perfect!"

What? Weather Kingdom? Evelyn wanted to scream.

But before she could, a bunch of arrows came shooting at her.

She managed to dodge the others, but one arrow pierced into her shoulder, making her arm go limp and useless.

She tried to run away, but more arrows came shooting at her and one hit her leg, making her unable to run.

Just as she thought that she would die right then and then, blocks of ice shot towards where the person who was shooting.

A few moments later, the arrows stopped shooting.

Evelyn winced in pain and shouted,"Who are you? What do you want?"

A moment of silence continued until a familiar voice said, " You know me very well, Evelyn."

Evelyn gasped.

It couldn't be.

But when a figure stepped out of the shadows, scowling at her, Evelyn's fears were confirmed.

It was Mr. Smith.