Chapter 3

"You...did..that?"

Mr. Smith snorted, "Obviously. What, I'm a ghost?"

"But- you did that? The hail? The ice? But-how?"

"I-I'll explain everything later. We just have to go back to the orphanage now."Mr. Smith said.

"No."

"What?"

"I said, No, I won't go until you tell me everything. What have you been hiding from me? You know something about my past, don't you?Tell me what you've been hiding from me!"

Mr. Smith sighed,"I.....fine. Its time for you to know about your past, or...your parents past or..I'll explain later, but we must go back to the Orphanage first, the nuns must be very worried about you."

Evelyn nodded.

Mr. Smith sighed again.

"Come, my child. We have to go quickly, I can sense him coming back."

"Him? Whose him?"Evelyn asked.

"No time to explain. We have to get back to the Orphanage, grab your things. We have to go."

Mr. Smith then turned and ran towards the direction of the Orphanage with Evelyn following behind.

____________________________________________________________

"Mr. Smith! You found her!"One of the nuns, Mary said, she then turned to Evelyn and asked,"Where did you go? We were worried sick!"

"I-I-...."Evelyn stammered, how could she explain that a creepy dude had attacked her and Mr. Smith had come flying in at the last moment to save her?

"Well, I-"she stammered, before being cut off by Mr. Smith,"We took so long because after finding her, we went for a short walk. And I've decided,"he paused,"to adopt her as my own child."

Everyone gasped and a few people shrieked, Evelyn looked at Mr. Smith in alarm and he gave her,the Do you want to know about your past? If so, play along look.

"Uh... yeah! He told me that he wanted to... adopt me? He just told me straight away! Yeah..."

All the nuns looked at Evelyn, unconvinced, but they shrugged it off in the end when Evelyn held her stare at them.

"Excuse me, I have to pack." Evelyn said walking towards the girls room,. where all the girls followed her, peppering her with questions like,"Do you really want to go with him?" and "Are you sure about this?" and one comment made her glare at the person who asked this,"Are you crazy?"

"No. I'm not crazy, thank you very much."Evelyn snapped.

She decided to change into black pants and a white T-shirt, deciding that it was the cleanest thing she had.

She then packed her things and the ring in a bag and went out, seeing Mr. Smith waiting for her at the entrance of the Orphanage.

"Let's go, Dad."

It was very weird to say that when your a girl whose dad had died.

Mr. Smith scowled,"Let's go. I've completed the paperwork, we should be free to go now. I won't be working here anymore."

Evelyn nodded and was about to step out when a boy came running after her.

"Evelyn! Evelyn!"

It was Ace.

Evelyn turned and asked,"Yes?"

"I-I hope you'll remember us. We won't forget you."

Evelyn nodded,"I won't too."

And she gave one last glance back at the orphanage, now her past home, the place where she grew up in, took a deep breath and stepped into Mr. Smith's car, heading towards her new home.

Scratch that.

Temporary home.

Before she found who her parents were, why Mr. Smith had some crazy throwing hail powers, then she could finally live in peace.

At home.