The New Kid

"Hello! My name is Venti! In case you haven't caught on yet, I'm going to be attending your school. I hope I can be given the warmest of welcomes!"

You had been attending Teyvat High School for a year now, and this had been the first time you've ever seen another alt kid. He had on a froggy hat, demonias, ripped jeans, and chains... You fell in love instantly.

You just knew he was super cool and interesting. You had to get to know him better, no matter what. And so, you stared at him. Lovingly.

"Haha!! y/n is staring at Venti!!", Xinyan cooed.

"S-S-Shut up Xinyan!! No I'm not!!", you replied.

Venti giggled to himself. He winked at you. You felt your heart stop.

Mr Sabooski told both you and Xinyan to be quiet. He then sent Venti to his desk... which just so happened to be next to yours. He began today's lesson.

Venti started writing something on a small notepad. Upon completion, he passed it to you. It was a message.

"Hey! Caught ya starin earlier. Your name's y/n, right? I like your bunny hat. Really alt of you.", it read.

Your whole body became hot.. You didn't expect Venti to talk to you this soon.. So, you wrote back.

"It is! Good memory! I'm alt, surprise surprise. What's your favourite band? Mine's 100 gecs, but mother mother is also pretty good."

You passed the note to him. He scribbled on it, and handed it back to you.

"Mines Mindless Self Indulgence. Never really been a fan of 100 gecs, but I'd be willing to listen to them with you... free on tuesday?"

You started writing before your body could properly react to what was going on. You would NOT mess this up. This could be your only chance with him.

"Tuesday sounds great! Meet me outside the cafeteria!"

You passed the note back to him. He read it, smiled, and folded it neatly into his pocket. You sighed dreamily.

But in the corner of your eye, you caught someone staring at you. They didn't seem pleased.

"Class dismissed!", exclaimed mr sabooski. You packed up your things and left, but you were stopped before you could go to your locker...

It was Xiao. Xiao wasn't all too popular. He was short, stoic, and NOT ALT! Yet, they were somehow somewhat threatening..

"Hey y/n.", they said. "Back off. Venti is mine."

You gasped. He liked Venti too?? But... that couldn't be. He was alt. Only alt people can date eachother.

"Ha! You wish he was! I bet you don't even know who gerard way is. Venti is going to be with me and that's final. He doesn't date normies.", you replied.

Xiao sighed. "Every alt kid needs a gamer boyfriend. Guess what I am? A gamer. Venti will be head over heels for me in no time. Just you wait."

He walked away from you. You barked at him. You bet they'd never dranken a monster in their life.