The Forest

You stared Venti dead in the eyes. He didn't mean that... did he?

"I'm sorry what did you say?"

He sighed. "Xiao is cute. I'm scared he's gonna take you from me. I see the way he glances at you in the hallway. He's boring and basic! He's not alt enough for you! And I am not gonna let him steal you, y/n!"

You blushed.. Didn't know that Venti already felt this strongly about you. It was almost endearing.

"R-Really? You think so?", you replied.

He leaned in and gave you a peck on the cheek.

"Absolutely I do!"

Following those words, Venti sprung up from where he sat and reached out for your hand.

"So! Y/n! We're in a forest! Let's go take in some of nature's beauty"

You laughed, and grabbed his hand to get back to your feet. You followed him as he led you to a narrow path paved with gravel. It crunched underneath your feet.

"So... Venti. What's your favourite song?", you asked quietly.

"Hmm... well. It's hard to say, y/n. If I wanted to impress you I'd probably go with something by Mindless Self Indulgence or Mother Mother. Something alt, you know? But. I'd like to be honest with you since you mean a lot to me. My favourite song is La Follia, by Vivaldi. It's really nostalgic to me."

You smiled. It was nice that he could be himself around you... even though you weren't quite sure who Vivaldi was.

So, you tread forth. There wasn't really much to gander at, aside from the occasional shrub. The trees were kinda getting boring. There were too many of them to take in. It desensitized you.

But, just as you could collect your thoughts, Venti sat down on the gravel. He pulled you down with him.

"Look straight ahead. This is my favourite place to watch the squirrels.", he whispered.

You nodded your head, staring at what was in front of you. In the distance, you could see a couple squirrels, but it was nothing noteworthy. They were a bit chubbier than your average squirrel. Venti had probably been feeding them extra.

"I'd like to ask. Do you feed these dudes?", you responded quietly.

He nodded, taking some seeds out of his pants pocket and throwing them forth.

The two squirrels came rushing towards the two of you, eating as many seeds as they could manage. This didn't really interest you, but Venti looked absolutely amazed.

"Aren't they cool!!", he whispered in a sharply.

You smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up. It seemed to make him happy.

Suddenly your phone vibrated. It was a text from your mom. You had to go home now.

"Uh, Venti.. It's been fun but my mom says I gotta go. Sorry bout that.", you said in a hushed tone.

He smiled brightly.

"No worries! Just go straight and you'll be right on back at the school. I'll be here if you need me. Also! I almost forgot!"

Venti handed you a small slip of paper with what seemed to be his phone number.

You kissed him on the forehead and waved your goodbyes.

You couldn't wait to see Venti again.