The now - Fog

Monday morning, Sarah had to return to school. She was doing better than last week, but you could still tell she wanted to stay.

Veronica was also doing better than last week, she had been in a good mood ever since Heather made an appearance, which was yesterday. Veronica wished she could see her and hear her though, there were many things she wanted to discuss with Heather in private.

After saying goodbye to her daughter at the bus stop, she went inside to take a shower. She never took showers that early in the morning, but she was feeling ecstatic that morning.

She went into the bathroom and opened the shower, letting the hot water create a heavy fog that would later reach the mirror.

As she was getting undressed, a deep, uneasy feeling flooded her; it felt as if someone was watching. It was probably nothing, so she proceeded to get in the shower and wash herself from head to toes, taking her time, actually enjoying it for the first time in a while. Breathing in the fog, singing the verses of many songs she barely knew, thinking of whatever came to mind.

She smiled the whole time, and when she ran out of songs and topics for her thoughts, she decided to get out and dry herself.

When she stepped out of the shower with her head lowered down, Veronica heard something coming from the mirror. She looked up, and fear took over her while letters appeared on it, as if someone was using the fog to write on the mirror.

"Omg Veronica, don't look so scared, I thought you were happy to see me." It read, written with the prettiest handwriting that could only belong to the almighty.

The words were quick to be processed, and in a matter of seconds Veronica was covering her body with the towel, trying to fight the massive blush taking over her face.

"Heather for fuck's sake, you scared me!" The blue girl yelled, knowing that no one else was in the house. "Can you not read the room!?"

Unaware to Veronica, Heather started laughing. Seeing the brunette getting mad and embarrassed was something she had missed.

"What else was I supposed to do? We can't keep talking through your daughter."

True, but Veronica was still uncomfortable with her presence at that moment.

"How long have you been here anyways?"

"I didn't peek while you were showering, if that's what you're asking. Why would I want to see that anyways? Ew."

Once more, unbeknownst to Veronica, Heather did peek while she was showering, just a little.

"Yeah, sure, whatever. Could you please leave while I get dressed? We can talk after."

Veronica waited for a response, and when she got nothing, she assumed Heather had left. She hadn't.

Once she was done, she turned the shower on once more and allowed the fog to stain her mirror again, creating what looked like an empty sheet of paper, ready to recieve words and letters. She stood in front of it.

"Heather?" Veronica didn't have to call for her twice before a lip shape appeared in her mirror, as if she had kissed it. She chuckled. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Nothing in particular, just assumed you would have questions. Like you always do."

Veronica rolled her eyes, she was right.

"And you assumed right. Can I really ask you anything?" She said with caution, the last thing she wanted to do was make Heather mad.

"Sure."

"Why is it only you? What about JD, Kurt and Ram?" At this point, Veronica thought Heather's unfinished business was revenge. What else could it be if not that? And if Heather was there for revenge, Kurt and Ram should be there with her too.

"Okay, you probably won't believe this, but those assholes went to heaven after praying and doing shit in the purgatory. Even your psycho boyfriend was forgiven."

Veronica's eyes almost pop out due to the force she used to open them, they were wide open. Not because they were in heaven now, but because Heather wasn't. Maybe the demon queen title was more accurate than she thought.

"And you didn't join them? Did you refuse to pray or something? That sounds like something you would do."

"I already told you I have unfinished business here, idiot. Aren't you more surprised that Jesse James, who literally murdered three people, was forgiven???"

"We were all kids Heather. It doesn't excuse our actions, but we could still do better." Veronica allowed the mirror to get doggy again, since the space for Heather to write on was running out, and then continued. "Then you're not in heaven because you have unfinished business with me, do you know what it could be?"

"No." She was lying.

"How long have you been here? Following me, I mean."

"Ten years. I've always been with you Ronnie, but I lost the ability to communicate with your for some reason."

"And why can you communicate now?"

"Do you remember those ghost stories teachers used to tell at kindergarten? It was always the sad kid who got possessed, because it is easier for spirits to approach a young soul grieving. That's basically what I did."

Heather was being oddly open with Veronica, and she noticed it. The brunette could almost feel the nostalgia and sadness those words in the mirror carried. It felt almost like a different person. And maybe it was, ten years had passed, after all.

"I really missed you." She said, expecting no response at all, but after a minute or two, new words made their way into the mirror.

"Me too."