Glover Stuff

A few months ago, likely around June, I figured out how emulators work (I only know how to use PlayStation and n64 emulators, of course, but that's all I need). So far, I've played super mario 64, Chameleon twist, banjo kazooie, paper mario, and Glover.

Glover is low key an underrated game. Yeah, there were tons of flaws along with that save file glitch thing, but the mechanics are interesting.

Basically, you play as a sentient, magical glove who's owned by a wizard, and you can cast spells and crap. One day, the wizards throwing crap in his cauldron to make a potion or something, but he accidentally throws in the wrong ingredient. The potion explodes, one glove rockets out the window, the other falls in the cauldron, and the wizard turns to stone and dies, crashing down to the foundation of the castle.

Anyway, since the wizard is immobile now, the crystals that keep the kingdom in order flys off of the castle. If they break... something bad will probably happen, Glover sure as hell got back up when he saw them fall. Thinking fast, he uses a spell to turn the crystals into balls, and they bounce with such vigor that they roll into realms that are conveniently a few feet away from each other.

A ball smacks Glover in the face, and then you begin your journey.

It's an easy game to some, and a hard game to some, and what do you know? I'm part of that some! Or rather, I used to be part of that some. You see, children, ever since I mastered the power of the Call ball (definitely recommend spell if you ever attempt to play this) and Death Spell (maybe not this one, you might die), the game became like, 20% easier. I know that I can easily do that cheat that opens all of the levels, but only wimps do that, and I'm not a wimp.

Also, I forgot to mention that the intro I described was the original version. The PlayStation port is the exact same thing, only that Glovel (the left glove, remember that.) deliberately messes up the man's potion so he can become evil. I'd make fun of this plot and simply call it an attempt to separate the two ports a bit. The thing is, I can't, because that's exactly what Glovel did in Glover 2.

Yeah this game was supposed to have a sequel, and it was going to be pretty good by what I played. It was going to be released on the N64, PlayStation, and Dreamcast.

Glover on the Dreamcast. Sonic Adventure 7 almost had some competition, didn't it?

Hasbro, the company who's responsible for board games, MLP I think, the freaking Hyperscam, and unbelievably, this, made a big WHOOPS. While they originally intended to purchase 150,000 N64 cartridges, Nintendo had a deal that would give you a discount if you bought more of them. So, some idiot who was in charge of ordering the cartridges bumped the number up to 300,000.

Honestly wtf, it's Glover. How confident was this guy?

Retailers didn't want that additional shit, leaving them with about 150,000 cartridges. That cost them almost half of a million dollars worth of stock they could never even sell. As a result, they couldn't afford to finish the game, and it was scrapped. It was a shame, too, I heard that the game was like 80% complete.

Today, I downloaded the dumped prototype, and I shall share any interesting screenshots I come across.