Chapter 1 ~ Things are Changing

"(y/n) Whilimena Malfoy! (y/n) Malfoy! Get down here at once!" Lucius Malfoy shouts from the downstairs study of Malfoy Manor. (y/n) jumps to her feet and runs towards the door. Before she heads downstairs, she turns towards a mirror on her desk to make sure she was looking presentable. Lucius Malfoy was a lot of things, and being a stickler was one of them. They were never allowed to leave the house wearing anything that he didn't deem appropriate.

Being a Malfoy has its perks, but yet again, there were many downfalls. Many people don't understand the pressure the Malfoy children and wife have to go through, and if they do ... they could care less. Being a Malfoy meant being raised in "pure-blood supremacy" heaven. Being the oldest of the kids, (y/n) was expected to be an example for Draco. However, that didn't go as planned. 

(FLASHBACK)

"Malfoy, (y/n)!" Professor McGonagall shouted. A nervous (y/n) took a few deep breaths and walked forward toward the three-legged stool. She was not at all worried about getting sorted into Slytherin, in fact, she had already planned on it. Just hearing it and being officially a Slytherin scared her shitless inside. (y/n) never truly believed what Lucius has raised Draco and her to believe. She thought it was just plain wrong ... but if she even dared go against his views, the punishment was not pleasant. McGonagall placed the sorting hat on top of her head, and after a few moments a cold, soft, yet trusting voice rang through (y/n)'s head. 

"Ahhh! A Malfoy, you're brain is screaming Slytherin, yet your heart ... is saying another answer. You are cunning, oh yes ... and a thirst to prove yourself as well ... however deep in your heartbeats deep bravery. You have acted on this bravery, I see ... to protect someone you love dearly ... you almost died ..."

(y/n) bit her lip, thinking about that day. Lucius was punishing Draco for some stupid reason and (y/n), being a big sister, jumped in front of Draco to protect him ... and she was only eight years old. (y/n) suffered a lot to protect Draco, and thinking about it, she has been braver than most.

"For this reason you are difficult ... very difficult ... better be ... GRYFFINDOR!!!" 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

The day (y/n) was sorted into Gryffindor, ruined not only her relationship with her father ... but sent her down a path of bullying and hate within the castle walls of Hogwarts. Being a Malfoy in the house of Gryffindor was unheard of, and for such a family that has an unending lineage of Slytherin alumni, everyone treated her like she was the devil. They shunned her and made her feel like she was going to kill them. To make things worse, Lucius sent Howlers every other post. Shouting horrid things at her, making her feel like she was unwanted ... unloved. One day she was sitting in the Gryffindor Common Room, skipping Potions when two ginger-haired twins and their dreadlocked-haired friend Lee Jordan came over and they befriended her. 

Once she had found a group that would not let her hide away, but in fact, pushed her out of her comfort zone more than once, (y/n) was able to embrace being different from her family. With the help of those three weirdos, (y/n) finally felt free from some of the overwhelming weight she had shoved onto her when she got into Hogwarts. Of course, making friends with those weirdos only increased her father's hatred toward her. When Draco attended Hogwarts he was told in no uncertain terms to be: "Better than that bloody sister of yours!" Which Draco hated. Even though (y/n) was becoming the family reject, Draco and her stayed closer than ever. They wrote daily, spent the nights in each other's rooms, and played outside no matter the weather. They were as close as siblings could be! 

When Draco arrived at Hogwarts he got sorted into Slytherin which was great for him, he would not fare well in any other house. He was terrified of the punishments that his sister had received for being sorted into another house. (y/n) was positive he wouldn't last one punishment, let alone the hundreds she gets over the summer holidays each year.