Chapter 16: Backing Out

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

Here I am with Min Ji, Ah Ram, and Kyung Woo at the teacher's desk of Class 3. Keeping a distance from Joo Young and Wang Ja Rim. It's quite pathetic for us since our lives seem to depend on the two because we would always have to keep an eye on them.

"They feel unsteady, but they're still dating." Min Ji commented leaning on the desk.

"He looks more like her pet than her boyfriend." Ah Ram pointed out. The past minute we've been watching them we've noticed that Gong Joo would follow everything Ja Rim said.

"At least you raise a pet." Kyung Woo added in their conversation, "It looks more like she's controlling him."

"I'm starting to worry what will happen to the two," I added.

"Hey, Yoo Na." Ah Ram called out. I looked at her only to find out that she was skimming through my phone.

How did she even get my phone without me noticing?

"What?" I asked not really curious as I continued to watch Ja Rim and Joo Young. She rejected him when he asked her to be with him this weekend.

"Why did you never told me Seo Jun still message you?" My eyes widen and my hands snatched the phone out of Ah Ram's.

"Who's Seo Jun?" I heard Kyung Woo ask. However, none of us seemed to be listening nor would we answer him.

"That's cause..." I stopped. Not having an answer to that.

"Yoo Na, break's almost over. Let's go back." A sad voice stopped me from answering Ah Ram.

"Oh, y-yeah." I stuttered and followed him out of the classroom. He had his head hung low as he walked leisurely, I could only wonder that he was disappointed in.

"Hey, Gong Joo Young." We both stopped and turned to Min Ji. "You still haven't gone on a date with Wang Ja Rim?"

"Yeah." Joo Young sadly hummed, "I don't think she wants to."

"I have to admit, even I feel bad for you." I sighed if only Ja Rim could treat him better.

"Yeah, me too." Min Ji agreed, "but you're a bit much and so is she." She pointed at Gong Joo. "You guys are frustrating."

"And tiring," I added in.

The sad atmosphere eventually broke when we heard a thump of footsteps coming down the stairs.

"I have big news!" Kyung Min shouted, heading down the stairs and jumping towards us his phone in hand. "Look at this." He showed his screen.

We took a closer look and I chuckled upon seeing the familiar face of Lee Kyung Woo. Gong Joo's sadness was also replaced with a burst of silent laughter.

"How come I never knew about this?" I smiled.

"I know." He looked at me and to Joo Young, "We should all go there this weekend."

"Oh," Min Ji gave a thought, it might be a bad idea. "I don't want to."

"Why not?" Joo Young whined, "Can you bring Ja Rim with you?"

Yep, the only reason he wants us to come is because of Ja Rim.

"I'll help you with your relationship with him too." He added looking at Min Ji with a pleading look. But, his statement stirred a question out of me.

Relationship? What does he mean?

It can't be...

"Don't tell me you like..." I didn't finish my question because Kyung Woo has now left their classroom. He saw us just outside and stopped, questioning what we were doing.

"What?" Kyung Min asked, a hint of panic laced in his tone. "What? What are you talking about?"

"I'm asking what you're doing." Kyung Woo replied. We all pretended that we didn't hear him and slowly left him.

"Yoo Na!" I saw Kim San Hee, our secretary coming towards me. "You're also coming right?" She asked.

Note: Kim San Hee, known for her aegyo and her cute face.

"Where?"

"This weekend, since the president was absent the last time, he didn't help us so he felt guilty and wanted to treat us on his birthday." She explained happily.

"I don't think I can," I replied truthfully. If I would go anywhere this weekend it would be at the restaurant Kyung Woo is working at. I want to join Joo Young and the rest in surprising him and would also like to see how he works.

"Oh come on," She whined tucking my arm. "We're the only girls and I'll be all alone without you."

"You'll have the guys." I tried reasoning out. She only glared at me but soon changed into puppy eyes.

"Pwease." She looked at me. Since I was taller than her I had to look down on her.

"Can I think about it?"

"No, think and answer it now." She continued to do aegyo.

"Fine," I sighed. "Fine, I'll go."

I'll have to sacrifice this time. She happily jumped and ran off to tell the rest of the officers. I promised not to make decisions I would regret but at this very moment, I'm already regretting everything.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

"So, do you guys wanna come?" Min Ji asked us, eating her ice cream. When school ended we all rushed to meet up and tell Ah Ram and Ja Rim about the weekend.

"You're saying there's food. Of course, I'm in." Ah Ram replied already imagining the food she'll be eating.

"I have to buy clothes this weekend." Ja Rim reasoned out. So it wasn't a lie just to avoid a date with Joo Young.

"You could delay that," I suggested, Joo Young was desperate in spending his time with her and it might not be much but at least I could try helping.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can." Min Ji tried, "You could buy next weekend."

"Fine, I'll go." Ja Rim finally agreed, I sighed in relief. "But if it's boring, I'm leaving."

"Okay." It's all up to Joo Young for now.

"Great!" Min Ji clapped her hands. "We're all going."

"Sorry, I'm backing out." Their heads turned towards me. They all shouted 'Why?'

"It's the class president's birthday that day and he wanted to treat the officers, I couldn't decline San Hee," I explained. To which, I received a slight slap on the arm from Ah Ram.

"I understand." She said, "No one can resist her cuteness." I laughed knowing it was all true.

"I'll try coming, even if I arrive late," I promised them.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

✎﹏Starting today until next week, I'll be updating daily. Congrats to:

@-rialatte
@fairwiki
@nobi_carat

For decoding the cipher key. Did you guys have fun? It was pretty hard at first but it's fun once you get the pattern. Still, thanks to all who tried playing the game.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I know, I noticed that there are too few Yoo Na and Kyung Woo scenes together but there will be more coming soon...