Chapter Three: Play with fire

(Y/n POV)

Selling was slow. Luckily I had a power move:
I was a girl.
Crutchie told me that the best way to sell 'papes' as they call them, is to be either kind or charm and make up headlines.
"Hiya miss! Wanna buy a pape? It's only a penny." Crutchie said to a young woman with crystal blue eyes, dark peach skin, and dirty blonde hair.
"S-sure, lemme just-," she said as she dropped her purse dipping coins everywhere.
"I'm so s-sorry!! Here take a quarter," she said with a crimson red covering her face. I bent down and helped her pick up the scattered coins.
"Thank you so much," she said smiling sweetly. I nodded and she walked away. I turned to ask Crutchie a question but noticed someone robbing a bank with a gun. I ran to the scene to see him holding someone. I back up and climbed the fire escape on a near building. I took a deep breath and jumped. I created a vine I used to soar through the air. I got the perfect angle and kicking him in the face. He let go of the girl and she ran to the crowd. I created a force field to protect everyone. I found house kicked him in the gut and he backed up. I had to learn combat at home. He tried to punch me but I blocked him (start the song) I got mad and backed away. I smirked and started a flame in my hand. I threw it at him full speed and then ran up to him and punched his face and gut at the same time. I flip backed back. I stomped on the ground and flames rose. I ran and slid underneath him and kicked his back so he fell forward. I started walking away from him until we ran up to me to try and grab the back of my head. (Anytime you make a large fire attack, that's when the beat should drop) my eyes lit up and I grabbed his arm and threw him forward. I gathered all the flames on top on my finger and then blew them out with a wink (I probably overdid this but this is fanfiction!) I ran back to my selling spot as if nothing happened but Crutchie looked at me like I was crazy. He hugged me so tight.
"Oh my gosh! Y/n you're amazing!!" He gushed with stars in his eyes. I smiled at him and hugged him back.

-*(Time Skip)*-

Me and Crutchie finished selling and went back to the lodging house. I was tired and went to go take a nap. I went to my room a curled in a ball and fell asleep. Crutchie came in with his thread and beads. He saw me asleep and smiled sweetly and placed the box down and hugged me the best he could.

(Jack POV)
Word got around about what Y/n did. I ran back to the lodging house. Crutchie told me everything and I ran upstairs to Y/n and opened the door to check on her. I was about to close the door before I noticed she looked hot. I walked up to her and put my hand on her forehead, she was burning up. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a towel and got it wet with cold water. I ran back to Y/n and put it on her forehead. I saw her calm down a little and sighed relief. Poor thing just saved peoples lives and now has to deal with the consequences of a fever. Right now she needs rest. I'll maybe go talk to the nuns to ask for soup.

(A/n: sorry if this is bad and short. It's super late and I'm super tired but I had to finish for you guys but anyway enjoy and stay safe my Bubbles. Peace out!)

-Bubble_Tea567