Chapter 3

Hello everyone! Here is a new chapter as my (late) holiday gift to you. Have a wonderful day! Merry Holidays and a happy New Years. Screw 2020.

Alice’s POV

“I WON’T LET YOU HURT HER!” I was standing over Quinn protecting her from my father.

My dad yelled out, “Alice, get away from her! Don’t let her get her near you! Come back over here and let your father take care of this.” 

“No! She’s the first person I’ve gotten to talk to that’s not a person I’m related to or a close family friend. I’m so tired of being sheltered from others. I want to go outside and see other things besides the views out the windows and explore the world beyond this house. I wanna make friends and experience love, and freedom, and life,” I finally told my parents what I’d wanted to tell them for ages. 

“I will not let my daughter go out and get assaulted by hooligans or get stolen or worse! You will not be let out of this house. Ever!” 

And with that my father opened a portal to a random place in hell next to Quinn and picked her up with one of his tentacles, “And you...if you ever come near my daughter again I will rip you to shreds and feed on your flesh.” Then he went full demon so as to scare her, and threw her into the portal.

He then stormed out of my room, my dad following behind trying to calm him down. I slammed my door and sat on my bed crying. I wanted freedom. I wanted a friend. I needed to let out my feelings. I started playing some music and dancing around. After I stopped I decided to lay on my bed and listen to some jazz. 

My dad walked in and sat on my bed, “Ya know, he’s only trying to protect you. He’s seen some of the worst things you can possibly imagine and has  done them too. I’ve seen a lot of terrible things out there. We just don’t want you to live the crappy lives we’ve lived.”

I laid my head in his lap as he brushed my hair, “I just want a little freedom. I don’t have a friend in the world besides Apache. I want to maybe find love. Like you and dad did with each other,” he made little braids in my hair. 

“Well, I managed to get your father not to kill that girl sooo…I might be able to get him to give you a little more freedom. But only if you promise me one thing…” 

I nodded. 

“You will not ever go anywhere near the porn industry. They are bad people...trust me.” My dad looked like he was lost in a bad memory as I nodded. He looked down at me and smiled, “Well goodnight, sweetie. I’ll see what I can do with your father. I love you.”

“Night, papa.”

Dad walked out and I put on some more jazz music, lit some candles, turned on my fairy lights, and started sketching Quinn. I didn’t want to forget her. She was the first outsider I’d ever met. I ended up falling asleep in the middle of my sketch.

Quinn’s POV

I ended up falling onto the street right in front of the clocktower. 

I started walking home but was grabbed from behind, blindfolded, and dragged into a building.

 “Hey, asshole! Why dontcha show me ya face, ya coward?” I yelled out as my blindfold was taken off. I stared in terror at the face looking at me with a malicious smile. 

“Quinney, a worker of mine said you went into the house of The Radio Demon. Is this correct?” Valentino asked with venom dripping from his voice.

“I-I ain’t tellin’ you nothin’,” I spat back.

“Well then, I suppose I’ll have to discipline you. Hmmm, I need someone to take the rough clients tomorrow. I can give them to you unless...you tell me all the details.” 

The rough clients! I can’t get the rough clients. Some people don’t come out in one piece with the rough clients!

“No! Anything but that. Alright, fine. I’ll tell you but you have to promise me that none of them will be hurt.” I bargained.

“Of course. No harm will come to them. You have my word.”

His tone was enough to send shivers down my spine.

I sighed 

“Alright…”