Chapter 2

Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying the book so far! Here is another chapter. Love you guys!

My breath stilled. I wanted to shrink away and hide forever. I can't believe there was someone watching me. IN MY WINDOW!

"Hi. Name's Quinn. Nice ta meetcha." The person named Quinn said.

I let out only a small 'eep', hiding behind my hands.

"Ya can come out. I ain't gonna hurt ya." Quinn held her hand out to me, "Are ya gonna tell me your name?"

I took her hand, "H-hello, my name is Alice."

"Alice, huh. Well sorry I broke into ya room. I was explorin this part of town and someone started chasin me. I usually don't run away from a fight but I didn't wanna deal with another idiot today. Anyways, your window was the only one that was open and I saw ya dancing."

As she continued rambling, a question crossed my mind. "Did you enjoy it?" I managed to say.

She stopped abruptly. "I-I uh - thought it was wonderful," she tried to say under her breath. I blushed.

"H-hey did you paint that?" My head turned towards a painting I did of a swamp nearby. Not my best.

"Yes. I did. I don't like that one a lot. It's kind of terrible." I looked down, embarrassed.

"Hah,you kiddin. I've never seen anything like this! You're an amazing painter!" She yelled. At that moment I was glad to have sound-proof walls. But then something terrible happened.

"Hey, Ally, ya want desser...WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!" My dad walked in, saw Quinn, and pulled out a gun, "ALASTOR, GET IN HERE! Alice, I want you to slowly walk towards me and get behind me." I slowly followed my dad's directions mouthing a 'sorry' to Quinn that, thankfully, dad didn't see.

Of course, then my father popped up in front of my dad, "My dear, whatever do you need me for." then he spotted the gun in my dad's hand, "Is there something wrong?"

"Yeah, look behind ya," my dad used his hand to gesture towards Quinn. My father turned around to see Quinn.

3rd person

His grin seemed to get bigger, as did his antlers. Quinn backed into a corner as black tentacles came out of the ground and just as they were about to lunge forward,

"STOP!"

Alice was standing protectively in front of Quinn.

"I WON'T LET YOU HURT HER!"