Don't say too

Key 🔑
Y/n/n = your nickname
Y/n = your name
Y/f/n = your full name

                        ------------

I've been in love with my best friend Colson since I moved to Cleveland in middle school. He was my only friend at the time, he honestly kept me sane. But now he's got girls throwing themselves at him left, right and center. I could never compete.

I'm pulled from my thoughts as my phone buzzes. It's a text from Colson. This causes me to smile despite my thoughts.

*from Colson 🎸🖤*

"Hey y/n/n can I come over? I just got back but I don't wanna go to my house."

*From y/n💜🤟*

You know you're welcome here anytime Colson. I miss you so much.

*From Colson 🎸🖤*

"Will you ever stop calling me by my government name? I miss you too."

*From y/n💜🤟*

"Let's see.... No, I love your government name.now get your skinny ass over here already 😂"

*From Colson 🎸🖤*

"Already on my way be there in five."

I didn't respond and decided to just wait for him. I began over thinking and those five minutes became the longest of my life.

Was saying "I love your government name to much??" "Did it give me away?"

My thoughts stopped abruptly when I heard the front door open and close. I turned my head to see Colson and my heart jumped in my chest. All those miserable thoughts vanished in that moment and all I could think of was him.

Before I could stop myself I was off the couch and in his arms. My legs wrapped around his waist.

"I missed you Colson." I whispered into his ear.

"I missed you too beautiful" He said which caused my heart to flutter in my chest.

We stood there for a few minutes before he placed me back on the ground, a serious look on his face.

"Y/n I need to tell you something, you may hate me after this and it could even ruin our friendship but I can't keep it to myself anymore." He said.

I looked up at him in silence as if to tell him to continue. I knew if I tried to speak my voice would betray me.

" Y/n I love you. I have since the day you moved here in sixth grade. I can't help it, you're absolutely amazing and I know you could never possibly-

I cut him off with a quick kiss.

"I love you too Colson, I always have.

" Don't say too" Colson mumbled " It sounds like you're agreeing with me."

"I love you Colson Baker." I responded

"And I love you y/f/n"