this is how

I laid in bed just starring at the ceiling.

"Ugh. Why do men have to do this type of shit? " I grumbled out loud to myself.
My boyfriend of six months had just decided he wanted to "take a break". We all know that just means a breakup without truly saying its over.
I was attached I'll admit that. I had a lot of my firsts with him. I was nieve and thought it could last forever. I should have known to trust my gut.

I decided to go out with my friends, maybe have a few drinks to get my mind off things and just have fun. My cousin (c/n) came over and helped me get ready. We then met up with our other friends.

When we arrived at the party I was greeted by my friends along with a tall blonde who seemed slightly older than us. He was handsome and very kind.

When I introduced myself sadly the words that left my mouth should have been kept to myself.

I looked him dead in the eyes and said " You smell like weed." And without missing a beat he looks at me and goes " I am weed" 

I quickly apologized and introduced myself. I'm (y/n)

"I'm colson" He responded with a deep chuckle.

We all just sat around talking and I continued to think about colson. So I started a side conversation with him. Hes a great guy and I was hoping for a friend. But after a few hours of talking I realized I had found much more than that.

After the party we spent a lot of time together. We were pretty much inseparable. Eventually I decided to women up and ask him out. We ended up dating for three years.

"And that kids is how I met your father. "

See I don't remember it being that cut and dry colson said with the same deep chuckle I feel in love with.

Should I do a part two? Maybe picking up with Colson's pov?? Let me know please :) <3