5 ~ Made For Each Other

Shjxkskxkwjdksjsb 500 views! My last chapter only got like 40 but it's fine I guess I'll stop writing when a chapter goes under 13. It was fun while it lasted but *shrug* :( Just a reminder that this is their 6th year as in Half-Blood Prince and I may stick to the storyline a little but basically that stuff is just the background and not the main focus in this fanfic. Um, I just wanted to ask you guys to please press the star button thingy at the top if you liked it.
——————
Y/n POV

I and Harry hurriedly walked into the Great Hall and found seats next to Ron and Hermione. I sat across Harry who was waving at twins that looked a lot like Ron and next to Hermione who started talking to me about the sorting ceremony. "So the first years go first and they each get sorted and then after they're done they call all the new students that join the higher classes. It's a little scary but I'm sure you'll be fine. After you get sorted you have to sit at the table of that house but a few months in nobody really pays attention to that rule anymore." Ron quickly chimes in, "And then, Dumbledore, the headmaster, magics up the best feast of the year!" Hermione seems disappointed in her choice of men but she looks happy at the same time. They really were a cute couple.

Dumbledore went up to the podium and coughed twice to which the entire hall fell into silence. He started by introducing us to the new teachers starting with Horace Slughorn as potions master. Everyone seemed shocked and started muttering but I really didn't know why. I looked over to Harry but he had his eyes fixed on another one of the teachers and they seemed like they were in a staring contest of some sort. So I turned to Hermione who quickly explained, "We had a teacher who used to be a death eater and became a spy for Dumbledores side who always wanted the Defense Against The Dark Arts position. But Dumbledore was afraid it would ignite the evil in him so he never gave him that role, always Potions. Now that he gave someone else Potions headmaster I think he might make Snape Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." I really didn't understand why this was such a big deal but I just nodded and looked back up at Dumbledore.

"Silence!" The entire hall boomed with the sound and it echoed off the walls. Everyone stopped talking and looked back up to Dumbledore. He continued, "Since Mr. Slughorn will be taking over the Potions, Professor Snape will be teaching Defense Against The Dark Arts." The muttering started again but it was much quieter this time and I looked over to the twins that Harry had waved at when we walked in. It seemed like they had some type of bet going as they exchanged a few galleons. They looked like Ezra and Asher's. Dumbledore went on to introduce an abnormally large man with a big beard as the Care Of Magically Creatures teacher and most of the hall burst into applause. All except the Slytherin house table who just groaned and rolled their eyes. Dumbledore ended by reintroducing old teachers, "Of course we have Mrs. McGonagall as the Transfiguration teacher and Professor Flitwick as the charms master. Can't forget about Argus Filch, caretaker of Hogwarts." That earned a few groans from all over the hall.

"Now for the first years and the sorting ceremony. Mr. Filch the sorting hat please." Filch sort of hopped down the main aisle and placed a stool and a hat in the middle of the podium. McGonagall led a group of nervous first years down the aisle and told them to wait while she walked up and opened a scroll. She listed students' names one by one and every time a student was assigned a house that house burst into applause. Slowly the students standing in front of the podium became less and I could feel myself fidgeting with anything I could find. Harry noticed and quickly whispered, "y/n don't worry about it. You'll be fine I promise. The hat listens to what you have to say. If you really don't want to be put into a house you just have to think it and he'll put your request into consideration." It seemed like something he would say just to make someone feel better. "I'm telling you the truth. The sorting hat wanted to put me in Slytherin but I kept saying not Slytherin, not Slytherin, not Slytherin, so he put me in Gryffindor." "Not Slytherin, not Slytherin. Got it." He put his hand on my hand and I felt myself relax just a little. I trusted him. As the last student went up and sat down, he had his eyes tight shut and was muttering something. A few seconds later the hat yelled, "Gryffindor!" Harry, Ron, and Hermione started clapping and I wanted to too but my heart was beating too fast and my hands were too sweaty. McGonnagal said that now we would sort the students that joined year 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Four students, later it was my turn. I had been preparing for this for the past hour and I had it down step by step. Literally. One leg over the bench, then the other, one foot in front of the other until I make it to the podium. When I sit down I'm going to look only at my friends so I don't panic. It'll be fine.

As I heard McGonnagal say my name I felt like I was on autopilot. I did everything exactly as I had planned. One foot in front of the other. I stumbled up the steps, shaking, to face Dumbledore with his long white beard, McGonagall, and sorting hat. The combination of the three and all the eyes of the students piercing my back, and I felt my knees about to give out.

            I took my place on the stool clumsily looking out at all the students with whom I would be spending the year. Out of all of them... I saw a pair of silver eyes and I couldn't look away. I'd messed up I was supposed to look at my friends but the silver eyes. They seemed sort of hypnotizing.

Draco's POV

             I heard her name being called and I jerked my head up. I remember. She walked up the steps clumsily and she seemed so nervous. Wow, she might as well go to Hufflepuff. I found it hilarious. Hogwarts wasn't good enough to be a school and Dumbledore to be a headmaster. This place was already the worst and they kept accepting dumb mudbloods and halfbloods this place was going to end up in the dumps.

            This was the first sorting I wanted to watch though, her hair fell softly over her face and she sat down with her hands on her lap. Her short skirt folded underneath her legs as well as her oversized hoodie that had NASA written on them. I'd heard it was some sort of muggle space company thing. Disappointing. I remembered the smell of her sickly sweet perfume and how she'd looked over to watch the Thestrals that's I'd frozen. She seemed so worried. She played with her fingers while looking out at the entire audience. Her eyes found mine and I found myself staring back. I couldn't look away until I realized what I was doing. What the fuck was happening? Why did I remember the smell of her perfume? She likes Potter and they're going to be fine together. Two idiots were made for each other. I looked back down at the table and then ahead of me to Blaise. Fuck. He'd seen me watching her. Have to take care of that later.

Y/n's POV

            The entire way up here I'd been mumbling, "Not Slytherin, not Slytherin." I'd found Harry's eyes first and calmed down a little and stopped the repetitive phrase. If someone heard me, that would be embarrassing. I managed to pull myself away from the hypnotizing eyes the same time he looked back down to the table. I found Harry's eyes again and smile softly. I sat down and started my ritual again. "Not Slytherin, not Slytherin, not-" The hat didn't even touch so much as a hair on my head before it made its decision.

             "Slytherin!" The hat seemed louder now than ever before. I wish I could say the whole world stopped for a second so I could adjust but it didn't. The entire Slytherin table clapped. Except for a blonde-haired guy who looked up the second the hat boomed Slytherin. And Pansy who also seemed dissatisfied with the hats choice. I saw Blaise sitting across Draco smiling and clapping. I turned my head back to my friends and they just sat there dumbfounded. Harry looked slightly upset and Hermione worried. Ron was confused but it didn't matter anymore. I couldn't change anything. I quickly got up and pulled my sweater over my palms so it would warm my fingers. I walked over to the table about to take a seat at the corner next to a few kids that looked nice before Blaise called out my name and pointed at the seat next to him. I thought maybe it wouldn't be too bad as I walked over slowly and sat down in front of Pansy. She eyed me down rolled her eyes and looked back at Draco with puppy dog eyes. Made for each other.