Life as a Rose

Rose smiled at the owner of the flower stall as he handed her a sprig of baby's breath.

"For the pretty girl," he said, placing it in her lightly tanned hand, her pink tipped fingers closing around the stem.

"Oh! Thank you!" Rose's cheeks flushed slightly as she took the free white flowers and tucked them into her long blonde hair, which was pushed behind her ear. She was used to free things - flowers and chocolates and coffee. She also got free smoothies at the smoothie place on the corner of the town square! The cute blond surfer guy who worked there always gave her a passion fruit and mango iced smoothie when she went in.

Rose moved to the next stall in the monthly market in the town square. It was jewellery! She fingered a pink pony-shaped necklace. I wonder if I can afford this? she thought to herself. She had just finished school for good and her Dad had stopped her allowance! He was trying to make her get a job!

"How much is this?" She asked the stall owner before glancing up and seeing the most gorgeous blue eyes and a mop of chocolate-brown hair. She bit her full pink lips to stop herself from gasping. The boy behind the stall was so cute! He was like a greek god with his chiselled jaw and penetrating gaze.

"For you? Your number." His voice was soooo sexy! He winked at her and her cheeks flushed. She smiled up at him and picked up a business card from the blue velvet on the top of the stall. Then she pulled a pink sparkly pen from her flowery shoulder bag and wrote down her mobile number on the back. He was too cute to pass up!

"If you're sure," she looked at him through her lashes and passed him the card with her number. He put the necklace in a small pink gauzy bag and handed it too her. "Thank you!"

Instead of putting the new necklace into her shoulder bag, Rose instead undid the ribbon around the top of the small pink pouch and gently lifted the necklace out. Then she pulled it over her head, setting it around her neck. She winked at the boy before she turned around and headed accross the square, heading for the cafe, a huge grin on her face.