Tea

Rose sat down at a small glass topped table under a large oak tree. She needed a drink. And her heart was pounding! When would he call? She couldn't wait! As she waited for a waiter to come and take her order she pulled out her phone.

She tapped away on the touch-screen, the pink diamantes around the side of her phone glinting in the light coming through the leaves every time her hand moved.

Cute guy @ market. Meet 4 gos?

She scrolled through her contacts until she reached her BFF. With a smile she hit Effy's name and then Send.

"What can I get you?" A pretty girl in a white apron had come up to her table to take her order.

"Oh! Can I have a pot of tea please? With milk! And some sugar! Oh, and do you have any of those oat biscuits?" Rose smiled.

"We're sold out I'm afraid, but we do have some victoria sponge left." The waitress gave an apologetic smile.

"Oh, ok! As long as it's a small slice!" Rose thought that she should treat herself. Why not? It was only one small slice of cake! What harm could that do?

Rose stretched her long toned and tanned legs out under the table. She wiggled her toes in her pink ballet pumps. She'd picked something comfy since she was walking around the market all day.

As her phone buzzed the waitress reappeared with a tray in hand and started setting down the cup and saucer, that little jug of milk, the little pot of sugar and the plate with the sponge cake. Rose forget about the text she had received without even reading it as she poured herself some tea and started on her cake. It was delicious.