Chapter 8

Persephone Jackson POV

It was all my fault. I should've saved Bianca and Zoe. If I had been faster, or smarter I wouldn't have gone to the junkyard. I would've stopped Zoe from going to her father, I would've kept my promise to Nico. I should've stayed at Hogwarts for Christmas break, I knew something was going to happen but I still went. I sat in my usual compartment, looking out the window. Allowing my thoughts to drag me away. Regulus came in later on but we just said "Hey," and he started to read. That's how I spent the train ride just looking out the window, thinking about all the people I could've saved if I had just stayed at Hogwarts.

Sirius Black POV

I was excited to get to Hogwarts. Even more so after the last train ride. I saw her eyes again, and she seemed to have spoken to Remus, but he doesn't remember it. It also helped that I was far away from my parents, it wasn't total freedom but it was nice. I had been walking around the train, looking for Regulus. After another break with my parents, I realized that we needed to stick together. I noticed him at the far end of the hallway, ready to get into the next cart. I started to follow him while he looked through different compartments. Who was he looking for? We had already passed all his Slytherin friends, and I don't think that our parents would approve of him being friends with anyone from other houses. I watched as he stopped in front of what seemed to be a wall, but he just walked in. I didn't understand, how'd he do that? I walked over to in front of the wall, trying to will myself to go in. It didn't work, almost like the exact opposite, I had an urge to walk back to my compartment. Maybe there's more secrets to Hogwarts that I need to discover. 

*Time skip to Transfiguration*

Of course I wasn't paying attention. What did you really expect? I could never become Remus 2.0, there's a reason we have just Remus. McGonagall had given us an assignment that we had to work on during class. If we didn't finish it would be homework. Naturally the assignment is pages long, all double sided, and required you to research some questions. I decided that since there was no way I was going to finish in class, I might as well just leave it all to homework. Ahhh the complex mind of a master procrastinator. Last I looked Minerva was walking around looking at how everyone was doing with the assignment, but she wasn't doing that now. In fact, I couldn't seem to see her anywhere. It's like she disappeared. Weird. Also we shouldn't call her Minerva, sounds too formal, we need something more casual. Moni, nah sounds off, Mani, oof even worse. Maybe Minnie, yeah that sounds about right. Well Minnie, I hope you like it because I'm never changing it. 

Professor McGonagall's POV 

I was walking around the classroom, making sure everyone was doing the assignment. Obviously, not counting Mr. Black and Mr. Potter who of course were not paying attention. I walked to the back of the classroom, getting this weird urge to turn around. I was very familiar with this urge since I get it every time I try to see Ms. Jackson. I fight past the urge and she suddenly appears next to me. I still didn't understand how she did this, but I have a feeling powerful, ancient magic is at play, and I don't want to be the one to tamper with it. 

"Hello, professor."

"Hello, Ms. Jackson. I know you can't do the assignment, so we'll just work on the stuff during one of our sessions." She looked up, and I noticed something had changed in her eyes. They used to be a light, clear sea green, but now they have a darker hint. That was never there before, what happened to her during the last break?

"Thank you, professor. I really appreciate you doing this for me. It was helped me in tremendous ways."

"You are very welcome Ms. Jackson. You have a lot of potential, and I would hate for it all to go to waste just because you have trouble paying attention." I turn around to leave when I decide to add something, "Oh and Ms. Jackson, if you ever need to talk to someone. I am available anytime between the last lesson and dinner."

"Thank you professor! I will keep that in mind." With that I walk back to the front of the classroom and continue to look over the students. 

Persephone's POV

With Transfiguration over, I make my way to the potions classroom. Potion's was one of the only subjects I don't need a session with the teacher after. I know what you're thinking, but how? You have to read off a book, and chalkboard. There's no way you could do that with dyslexia. Ahhh my friend, but there is. I just focus on the water, think of what potion I want to make, and the water tells me what to do. Of course, with me actually being good at potions, professor Slughorn doesn't have sessions with me. Meaning he barely knows I exist. It works for me, I could sit in the back of the class and do whatever I wanted. After finishing the potion. The best part of it has to be that I can create new types of potions, none that are harmful, just fun for pranks. I've been working on the latest batch of one of my most complex potions so far. I've been saving them up to play one huge prank on the entire school. Minus myself of course. With this last batch done, I head out of the room. No one would see me so I go to my stash and head to the great hall. 

*Time skip to Lunch*

Mwa ha ha ha ha! My plan's working! I'd put the potion in the drinks, the effects weren't immediate. I wanted everyone to notice at the same time, not one by one. If they could see me they would've noticed the evil smirk and glint in my eyes. Regulus had noticed it, and had opted to not eat or drink anything. Party Pooper, I looked around and realized that everyone had taken at least one sip of the liquid. Even the teachers, and the ENTIRETY of the Gryffindor table. Whoever said that Hufflepuff are weak needs a good high five, in the face, with a chair, from Tyson. I looked around and the beginning of the potion were starting to show up. I didn't leave the Hufflepuffs out, too obvious for the teachers who could actually see me. Then suddenly, everyone changed color. Not just their hair, but everything, their clothes, skin, everything. I know it doesn't seem like a huge prank, but just wait. The teachers, who had recovered from their shock, had all turned a brilliant shade of red! Yes everyone, that's the chase. Your color will change, according to your mood, and if you manage to feel one emotion very intensely then you feel the urge to jump into the late, which might I add was still freezing because it's January. It was an unnecessary evil, but it will be sooo funny. Regulus you have no idea what you just skipped. Everyone had started turning to the Gryffindor table, slowly all turning red. The specific boys, had all started laughing and were yellow. When they finally looked up and saw that the entirety of the great hall was looking at them red, they gulped, and ran. The teachers walked after them, calmly but I could tell it was the calm before the storm. Mostly because their color was a red with purple. I noticed Regulus trying to get me to meet up with him. I sighed and walked out of the great hall. Waiting for him to meet up with me.

"Seriously Percy!" He says, clearly trying not to laugh.

"What did I do?" I say back, trying to play dumb and innocent.

"You didn't tell me! I would've helped, and what would've happened if I had drank whatever it is you put in the drinks?" 

"Then you would probably be yellow with red, and have the need to jump into the lake."

"What do you mean jump into the lake? Why would I do that? It's freezing!"

"Because it's part of the potion, if someone feels one emotion too intensely they have a huge urge to jump into the lake!" I say, laughing. Regulus looked at me with amusement, and started laughing too. We both went back into the hall. Where the Gryffindor boys were swearing it wasn't them, and they teachers were trying to change the potion. HA! I wasn't completely evil, but I did add a requirement to them creating the antidote. When they realize that the only way to get the students back to normal is for the teachers to change all the Hogwarts food blue for the rest of this school year and until Christmas Break next year, they'll have no choice but to! Best part, if they stop, everyone changes back to their colorful selves. It's only for a year, but I'll come up with another plan for the rest of year 3. There's no way that I will allow the students of Hogwarts to not experience the amazingness that is blue food. There will be no need to thank me, mostly because the teachers will be getting frozen students after a few days. I sit down back to my seat and sip my water, which of course isn't contaminated, enjoying the chaos I have created. 

Hi guys! I made this chapter extra long because I was a little late. So I hope you guys enjoyed it. Also THANK YOU SO MUCH SOOOO MUCH FOR OVER 1000 VIEWS!!! YOU ARE ALL THE BEST!! Happy late new year and stay safe!