1

IMMORAL
— 1. Bad Reputation

"Have you ever been surrounded by people, yet you still felt alone?" was the first thing Brielle had asked as she climbed into the backseat of her mother's car while her brother Tyson sat in the front seat

Their mother was still inside, searching for her wallet. Brielle knew at the rate the older woman was going, they were going to be late for their first day of school. Not that Brielle cared. She wanted nothing more than to never set foot in that place again.

The summer was over and reality had finally come to haunt her. Everyone knew the reason for her absence during the last semester of sophomore year and she knew they'd constantly remind her of it just to taunt her. She didn't blame them, though. The reasoning just proved to everyone who the mysterious Brielle Westbrook truly was.

"Sometimes," Tyson admitted as he shrugged his shoulders and turned to glance at his sister, "You?"

"All the time," Brielle admitted in a whisper, "Mom...She doesn't get it. She doesn't realize the type of shit I'm going to have to go through now that I'm back at school."

"I get it," Tyson replied and nodded his head, "But you don't have to worry. I got your back."

Brielle couldn't help but smile at Tyson's words. He wasn't her biological brother, but they still treated each other like biological siblings. They had been living together for almost four years now but had known each other since they were six. They were the same age, too. They shared the same backstory and Tyson was the only reason Brielle was even living with Kendra and Christian Owens.

"And I got yours," Brielle replied, just before Kendra got into the driver's seat and started the car.

"You have everything you need?" Kendra asked, smiling widely as she glanced between the duo, "Pencils, notebooks, binders?"

"Yup, yup, and yup," Brielle nodded, forcing a smile onto her face.

"Good, because we're already running late and we don't have time to turn around and come back to the house," Kendra admitted, which earned an amused look from Tyson and Brielle.

The drive to school was one filled with laughter and chatter, as it always was. By the time she arrived at school, though, Brielle's happy smile had faded. She had gotten out of Kendra's car alongside Tyson, the two of them exchanging a look with each other before they walked into school.

When they walked in, everyone's head seemed to turn to look at Brielle. She held her head up high, though, not daring to show anyone she cared about the judging looks she was receiving.

"What class do you have first?" Tyson asked Brielle, who rolled her eyes.

"That stupid behavioral class Mom signed me up for," Brielle informed him and Tyson laughed, "There's no point. Why couldn't she just sign me up for art or something? I would've even taken another gym class over this dumb class!"