Two

Daniel's whole life changed the day his parents and sister died. It was a robbery gone wrong, which in the end forced Daniel to pull the trigger of his father's gun to save his life.

Although Daniel survived not a day passed without him wishing he could have died with them, that way he wouldn't have been as miserable as he is now hence his current decision to end his life by jumping off a cliff.

He stood by the cliff staring at the raging river lost in thought.

After the death of his family, he was left traumatised and as a result he became emotionally withdrawn. His fourteen-year-old self didn't know how to deal with the pain and the trauma. He became asocial and quickly entered a state of depression, this affected his social life, leading him to having no friends and losing the ones he had.

When he moved to Sayland with his grandfather he didn't bother to reach out to anyone and no one bothered with him and that's how it's always been - well until Gina Martins.

Gina Martins, the girl who gets along with everyone at school, of course he knew her. Daniel has never seen anyone so happy to be alive, she was the opposite of him.

She talked and smiled way too much and he did the opposite. He was the type of person who hid and dwelled in darkness and she was the type of person who chased away darkness with her bright personality.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time, you must have really important things to do that to teach me how to play piano. Goodbye, Daniel," her words ringed in his head.

If only she knew how wrong she was, he didn't have anything better to do, in fact what he was about to do was one of the worst things a human being could do, he was about to take his own life.

Guilt and shame overcame him. What the hell was he thinking?

He did not once stop to think about how his death would affect his grandfather, the man who was there for him through thick and thin.

When the world crumbled around Daniel, he was there to help him pick up the pieces. When therapy failed, he was the one who taught Daniel to play piano, which he has been using as an outlet for many years.

"The same piano Gina asked you to teach her to play," a thought crossed his mind, he frowned feeling awful, he was a shitty person.

He stood up and walked away from the cliff, he had a new destination in mind Gina's house. He and almost everyone in the small town of Sayland knew where Gina lived, her father was Pastor Martins, the pastor of Saint Church.

Within 15 minutes he was at her doorstep but hesitated to knock knowing fully well that after this there is no going back.

Was he ready to allow another person to enter his life? The answer was no, but he remembered his grandfather's words, "Change is scary but it's necessary. "

He was taking a risk; he was letting another someone who was totally different from him enter his life. For someone who thought things through the results of his actions were blurry to him, his future was now a mystery.

He knocked, three times.

"Coming!" He heard her yell on the other side of the door. For a second his nerves got the best of him, he contemplated on walking away but before he could make up his mind the door was opened and the smell of muffins hit him.

"Daniel? " Gina asked in surprise. Her face was green due to the face mask she applied, was wearing a gown and had a towel wrapped around her head.

A smile formed on her face at the exact time his heart started to palpitate and his hands got sweaty.

"Change is scary but necessary," he chanted those words in his head to prevent himself from running away.

"What a lovely surprise! Please, come in," she opened the door wider for him to enter.

Daniel forced his legs to accept the invitation.

***

Hey, guys!

Did you enjoy it? If you did drop a comment and a vote and possibly share

Seriously...vote, it's not that hard.

And remember to..

Vote!!!

Love...

Queen Lindana💋