Chapter 2 - Golden

''See you next week, Karmen. I've missed you.''
''See ya, Kevin!''

Katya entered her building, happy, after coming back from her first hookup after the accident. She took a long hot shower, remembering the details of that night. Kevin was one of her regular clients, one of the few whose sex was enjoyable to Katya. After the shower, she put on her favorite set of black sweats and went straight to bed. Katya was nearly falling asleep when her phone buzzed, which woke her up.

''Man, what the f...''

Trixie: Hey! Sorry it's late but...just wanna make sure ur doing okay
Trixie: If ur on board...we can go to that dinner tomorrow :)

Katya smiled at the text. Suddenly, she wasn't mad about it waking her up anymore.

Katya: I'm good, thx for asking! tomorrow's perfect!! Just text me the address and I'll meet u there

The response was almost immediate.

Trixie: don't worry about that. Just be ready at 8PM.
Katya: if u plan on driving me there, I'd rather not, I'm too young to die
Trixie: HAHAHAHAHA don't worry, my driver is taking us! If we die It's just fate doing its job.
Katya: I hope fate has a lot in store for us before our death

''Nope, too soon.'' Katya deleted what she had just typed.

Katya: Thank God! See u tomorrow then?
Trixie: See ya! Wear something cute

''Fuck.'' Katya whispered to herself.

Katya: U too :)

After a couple of minutes and no more texts, Katya was finally able to fall asleep again.
The next day, Katya was completely zoned out at work. She couldn't stop thinking about her friend-date with Trixie that would happen later that day. She was never the type of girl who would worry about what outfit she would wear or what makeup she would put on that day. But this date made her feel like she was waiting for that her whole life. Katya told herself multiple times to chill, to just do her job and be patient, but her mind wouldn't come back to the real world, no matter how much Gary yelled at her.

''Katya, for God's sake, are you high?''
''Gary, for the hundredth time, I haven't smoke weed in five years, I'm okay. I'm just a little distracted.''
''Correct me if I'm wrong...but does it have something to do with a certain blonde girl called Trixie Ma...''
''Maybe.'' She interrupted him. ''We kinda have a...date. Tonight.''
''A DATE?''
''Shhhhh! Keep your voice down!''
''A date? I didn't know she was gay...''
''She's not...I mean, I don't know, but...It's not a romantic date, she's just making up for having hit me with her car. It's a friendly thing, it's no big deal. Don't tell anyone.''
''Oh my God. You like her.''
''What? Shut up.''
''Katya, please. I've known you for almost nine years, I've never seen you blush like that when you talk about someone. You may wanna fool yourself, but you can't fool me.''
''I fucking hate you.''
''Thanks, the feeling is mutual.'' Gary pushed Katya's shoulder lightly, giggling.

The hours felt like days, but finally, Katya's shift was over and she's never been so quick to pick up her stuff and go home, dropping F bombs every time Gary teased her about her being allegedly in love with Trixie.
At the bus, the raindrops on the window were taking Katya to the deepness of her imagination. She kept picturing herself holding Trixie, kissing those pink lips, looking at those little brown eyes. She was awaken by the realization that the bus was approaching her stop, and eventually, she got off the bus and walked a few blocks to her home.
After showering, Katya was standing naked before her closet, having no idea what she'd wear. ''Wear something cute'' Trixie's text was hammering on Katya's brain. After about 15 minutes of staring at the clothes, Katya decided to wear a velvet black dress with long sleeves and a flowing short skirt. She also put on black pantyhose and black pumps.