Chapter 4 - Inside Her Soul

Trixie's ears were buzzing when she woke up. Her sight was blurry and her memories were foggy. Her body felt like it weighed 500 pounds. She made an effort to sit on the bed against the bed frame. She slowly realized her clothes weren't hers, and they smelled like Katya. Katya. This was probably her apartment, Trixie thought.

''Good morning, Barbie doll.'' Katya entered the room holding a red mug with steam coming out of it.
''Hi...am I in your place?''
''Yes, you are. Your driver Sam texted you to know if he could pick you up at the club, I told him you weren't feeling well and I brought you back to my place. How are you feeling? I made you coffee.'' Katya sat in the middle of the bed, next to Trixie.
''Thank you so much.'' Trixie said holding the mug that Katya handed to her. ''My body feels like it's eight times its weight. And my head, oh my God, it hurts so bad. What time is it?''
''It's...4PM. I didn't wanna wake you up, should I have?''
''Oh, no. Thanks for letting me sleep, I think I didn't fall asleep until like 5AM because of...oh. It's all coming back to me...''
''Because of the pills you took?''
''How do you...Katya...I barely remember anything that happened after we got to the club yesterday.''
''Do you wanna know?''
''I think so.''
''Well, here we go. After we danced together you said you'd be right back, so I went to the bar to wait for you. I started to m...talk to this girl, and then I overheard this guy saying that he sold you these pills. I went looking for you and I found you in the bathroom floor, crying, holding a bottle of vodka. I helped you up and you...well...''
''Oh my God, what did I do?''
''You...kissed me. But I didn't let you go on, you were very drunk. You told me you didn't wanna go home so I brought you here, gave you a shower and then we...hum...went to sleep.''
''Wait, there's more.''
''What?''
''I remember talking to you before we went to sleep, what did I say?''
''You, um...you told me you wanted to kiss me.''
''Holy shit. What did you do?''
''Trixie, we didn't kiss. Nothing happened. I wasn't gonna take advantage of you, that's not me.''
''So...you wanted to kiss me?''
''It doesn't matter, okay? Now, I have to ask you...what the hell happened last night? With the drugs and alcohol?''

Trixie put the mug on the nightstand and buried her face on her hands, sobbing. Katya moved on the bed to sit by Trixie's side and held her in her arms.

''Trix, you can talk to me. I know we've only known each other for three weeks, but you can trust me. I'm worried about you.''
''I can't...I'm sorry, Katya, I have to leave. Thanks for everything.'' Trixie stood up, stumbling through Katya's bedroom, took her things and left the apartment without saying a word.

xxx

5:30PM Katya: are you okay?
6:14PM Katya: can we talk?
6:15PM Katya: I'm sorry if I pushed it too far...
7:46PM Katya: are you home? Are you okay?
8:58PM Katya: call me if you need anything.
9:24PM Katya: Hey...are you feeling any better?
00:55AM Katya: I'm going to bed...but you can call me anytime. Please call me.

She didn't. Trixie didn't text back, didn't call Katya, nothing. Katya didn't know where she lived, so she couldn't visit her. Trixie simply vanished. One day, two days, almost a week had passed and nothing.
Katya was at Violet's house with Vanessa and their other friend from work, Gigi. It was not a very busy night at the Pier because of the weather, so the girls decided to have a little gathering. Katya was sitting in the corner of the couch, drinking her beer and looking at the snow falling at the window.

''Hey, Karmen.'' Violet said, sitting next to Katya on the couch and putting an arm around her shoulders. ''Are you okay, boo?''
''I'm...not really.''
''Haven't heard from Tracy yet?''
''It's Trixie, and no. It's been almost a week! What if something bad happened to her?''
''I highly doubt it. Didn't you say she was famous? If she was dead, you would've known by now. She's just being weird, let it go.''
''Thanks, Vi.'' Katya hugged Violet, who filled her with kisses all over her face. ''Oh my God, you're suffocating me!'' she giggled.
''I wanna suffocate you with love, I don't wanna see you all down and sad because of a girl.''
''I love you, girl.''