Chapter 1 ~ The Cabin

"Look, Y/N, I hate this as much as the next guy, but we don't exactly have a choice, so can we at least enjoy the good that came out of this?"

"Good? Dean, we're barred from hunting until Sam figures out how to get our names and faces off the top of the most wanted list of demons, angels, and humans alike. What good came out of that!? You really think I'll last until that long in some random ass cabin 30 miles from the nearest bar!? I don't think so. You're the same too Dean I don't know why you're so okay with this!" Y/n rested her head against Baby's passenger side window, arms crossed over her chest in a show of frustration. She watched the snow blow wildly outside, sending shivers down her spine at just the thought of the cold. Her expression read pure anger as Dean looked over from the driver's side, gripping the steering wheel tighter for a fraction of a second to ground himself before replying.

"Just... Think of it as a mini-vacation. There'll be a tv, and I'm pretty sure there's a hot tub, and a full pantry, and probably a topped up liquor cabinet."

He glanced at her, in hopes that his list of pros made for the cabin they were being forced to stay in for the foreseeable future, would cheer her up. Alas, no such luck, as she threw her head to her left shoulder with an unamused look.

"Who'd you say the cabin belongs to?"

"Some neighbour of Bobby's. No one'll even think to look there."

"This is stupid. I could be helping Sam right now but instead, I'm stuck in this stupid car with a stupid destination and a stupid partner, spending a stupid amount of time in a stupid cabin! All I wanna do is kill some stupid monsters! Is that really too much to ask? Do you know what I want for Christmas since it's only a couple of weeks away? I want out! I want to go back to when I didn't have to worry about who recognizes my face. Back to when all I had to do was kill bad guys. I want to go back to when it was just me my sawed-off!" Her words grew louder with every syllable.

Dean didn't know what to say. Her outburst had taken him by surprise. From what Dean gathered of their relationship, Y/N was far from his biggest fan. They rarely spoke to each other, other than the basics but they weren't friends per-say. Y/N was Sam's friend. Those two got along like peanut butter and jelly and as much as Dean hated that, he was happy she had someone. So Dean got used to her never talking to him and when she did, doing so meanly. Not intentionally mean just not friendly towards him. And as much as the jealousy pricked at him when he saw her happy around Sam — let alone anyone — he was glad she hated him because he knew that if she were nice, his little crush would inevitably grow to be more. And that was the last thing he wanted.

"You don't really mean that, do you? You wouldn't - wouldn't leave us? Leave Sam?"

"It's not like I have much of a choice right now do I? I leave this cabin and I might as well be signing my own death certificate. So instead, I'm stuck with you."

"Ye-yeah, you said that already."

"Are we almost there? I want to get out and stretch my legs already."

"Don't worry Y/N, we should only be a couple of dozen miles out."

Y/N turned back to the window letting her eye follow stray snowflakes. She was furious at her situation but still understood that it had to happen. She stayed silent, no longer in the mood for burning the energy it took to talk.

Every so often the fog ahead and clouds would begin glowing, indicating oncoming traffic, urging Dean to turn off his high beams.

"Baby's not stupid by the way."

"What?"

"You called her stupid when you were ranting. And she's not."

"Nothing I called stupid is actually stupid Dean. Well, apart from the monsters, and this situation really."