Chapter 4 ~ Conffession

Dean peeked out his door, checking if she had left her room, or if she had chosen to call it a night. And yet, there she was, smiling up at him from the sofa in front of the fire, ever so innocent looking, as though he hadn't tried anything moments ago. If she wanted to forget it, he could do that. He just didn't want to lose her again.

"Hey, I thought you were going to bed."

"Oh, well, I can if you don't want to do any—"

"No, no," He cut her off waving his hand, and shaking his head with a smirk "That's not what I meant. I just figured you wanted..." He trailed off not entirely sure what she would want at this instant.

"Wanted?" She inquired, spurring him on.

"I — maybe some space?" He said shyly, shrugging his shoulders.

"I have space. Have you seen where we are?" She looked around reinforcing her point. "I was gonna watch a movie." He should go back to his room, leave her to her devices. "Join me?" Join me, she wished. Join me, he said over in his head. He nodded, smiling.

"Yeah, of course." He started on the stair, taking the steps slowly.

"Sore?"

"That obvious huh?" He teased with a chuckle. "Hot tub helped though." Immediately after his words, he felt stupid for mentioning the hot tub.

"Yeah, it was nice. I'm glad you convinced to get in." She was still smiling. Dean was suspicious but accepted her kindness nevertheless. "You want something to drink or maybe some snacks. Sit." She pointed at the couch.

"You know, I can take care of myself, snacks and sore muscles." He looked at her making his way to the kitchen, stopping when she looked at him serious before her expression softened.

"I know, I just wanted to be nice. Plus, I was heading in here anyway for some popcorn and M&Ms." Y/N rummaged through the cupboards while Dean moved to the couch after grabbing the popcorn and some drinks.

"Dean."

"Yeah."

"Emergency."

"What. What happened?" She turned to him, the saddest expression he'd ever seen on her face. "Hey, you okay." He rushed over putting his hands on her shoulder and lowering his face to be at eye level.

"Were out of M&Ms." Dean stood up straight taking a breath of air, before busting at the seams with laughter. She wound up before punching his in the arm. "Not funny Dean."

"Ouch! Sore! Remember?" All the while chuckling.

"Sorry. Still not funny." She stated sternly, pouting angrily.

"Y/N, sweetheart, I'm sure there are other sweets around here somewhere." He dropped his head again, getting to eye level.

"Yeah. I know. There's a whole bag of High Chewsand another one with chocolate almonds but it's not the same as M&Ms." Dean sighed. He was dealing with a child, and groaned internally.

"We are running low on some other stuff too, now that I think of it. Supply run tomorrow? You interested? You don't have to go," He put his arm around her grabbing the aforementioned sweets and leading her to the couch. "but if you want to you can." She looked up to him in disbelief.

"Of course, I'm coming with. There isn't a chance in hell you could get away with leaving me here." They sat down, Dean reaching for the remote to turn on the TV. He loved that despite the length of the sofa she chose to stay next to him. Right next to him.