Chapter Seven: Hidden

Its been about two weeks since they escaped the facility, two weeks since Joshie almost died, two weeks in hiding. They planned to leave and tell the world, but it was too risky, they set up camp near the facility itself, they didn't know where they were, they didn't know how to get back, all they knew was that if they stayed any longer, they will be found and taken back, they will be tortured, but they wont die, they were too valuabale to them. They all knew they had to leave, they didn't know where or when, or for that matter even how! If they moved around too much in the camp, they would be seen from the watch towers.

Albert was attentive to everything, he was thankful for all that they did for Joshie, and for helping them escape, but Albert still had doubt, he had an odd feeling about the group that took him and Joshie in. The only one that Albert really had no worries about was Tank, sure he could crush Albert with minimum force, but his heart was stronger than anything else. Albert would watch Tank, he would sometimes go out and watch the forest, he was always smiling, if the procedures wouldn't have messed his brain up, some might say he had a deep passion for it all. Albert couldn't doubt him, he risked everything more than once for them. Plus if Joshie trusted him, Albert did too.

" Albert could you get me some water?" Joshie asked from the makshift bed, just some leaves piled up. Albert heard the request and quickly got up, he grabbed a plastic gallon Albert had learned to make using his abilities, while Joshie was out. Albert learned how to do more than that, he learned how to make things into liquids, without them heating up!

" Thanks," Joshie sighed while Albert handed him a cup, which Albert also made. " man, it sucks having to be here all day, I can't even leave this.... whatever it is!" Joshie complained while lifting his arms at the tent styled house, constructed up of dry stick, held down by stones.

" Doctors orders. You have to rest, I mean you died!" Albert reminded Joshie, giving him a funny stare. Joshie sighed again. Albert looked up at him, he looked at his eyes, he could see deep down, the sadness he carried, like Alberts daughter whenever she got sick and had to stay in bed. Albert put on a half smile. He looked up at Joshie, with squinted eyes.

" What is it?" Joshie asked, staring at Albert. Albert chuckled, and took a loud, deep breath before speaking.

" I mean, you don't have to stay in this bed, they just told you to." Albert spoke, exagerating some words. Joshie looked up in a blink of an eye. His face full of joy. Albert helped Joshie up. He stumbled on his feet, he hasn't walk in two weeks, making his legs weak, and they were all recovering from the harsh conditions they used to live in.

As they both sprinted through the door, it opened, revealing Olivia, the girl who zapped Joshie to life. All three stopped dead in their tracks, Olivia looked up from some stuff she had in her hands, her eyes opened up, wider than anything Albert had ever seen. She sighed once she realized what was happening, she grinned, the smiled.

" Can I come!?" She said eagirly, putting whatever she had in her hand down on a near rock, which they used as a table, tank had moved one roughly the same size to each tent. Joshie and Albert exchanged looks, then turned back to Olivia. Joshie nodded, and Olivias smile grew to three times the size.

Albert quickly interfered. " But you can NOT tell anyone about this, okay."  Olivia nodded her head several times and they all went out.

Olivia looked out of the opening she had come in through, she started to look for anyone who might be watching them.

" All clear." She reported back. She walked through the door and stretched her arm back, curling her fingers, signaling for them to follow. They did so until they got to the back of another hut like structure.

" So where were you going to go?" Olivia asked, once they caught up to her. Albert and Joshie looked at each other and shrugged. They didn't know where they were going to go, they just wanted to leave the place for once.

" If you dont know where to go, I found this cool pond or something. Maybe we can go there." Olivia suggested while looking back with a slight smile. Albert looked at Joshie, he nodded.

" Sure, we can go there." Albert said, already pumped to go swimming. Olivia looked at Joshie, who was blushing, but he looked down to hide it. That's when Albert realized what was going on. He watched Olivia, as a small smile spread across her face.

Olivia and Joshie were perfect for each other. Joshie's dark , chestnut skin, his rough, curly hair, high above his head, his light brown eyes. And Olivia's fair skin, with her white dyed hair, fading into a sky blue at the end, her hazel eyes. They go perfect together.

Albert thought about the two of them, why had Olivia gone into Joshie's room. Why had she asked to come, was she going to do the same thing. It struck Albert like a bullet, Olivia was already going to take Joshie, she already knew a place, and Albert was in the way. Albert looked around, his eyes peeled, looking for a way to leave them alone. After all his plan was to get Joshie out of the bed, not to be with him the entire time. He saw a branch sticking out of the ground, it looked stiff and it could trip someone easily. Albert purposley fell over it.

" Aww, damn." Albert sighed, acting the entire time. He got up, he faked it, but he still had some bad cuts on his arms.

" I think Im gonna have to head back." Albert limped, as he moved closer to them. Joshie frowned, the outer ends of his eyes pushed down.

" C'mon. Its not that bad, I spent weeks on a horrible bed, and when I finally get off and go out, you cant come." Joshie sighed, he looked at Olivia, who had been looking at the ground, deep in her thoughts. She looked up and nodded, with her lips slightly seperated.

" Yeah, yeah, you should come with us, I can wrap some leaves around it, you will be fine." She said with an encouraging tone, but it hid something behind it. Albert studied Olivia's face, he looked closley and saw it. Olivia wanted him to leave, and Albert knew it. Albert grinned.

" No, its fine, I'll just head back, you two can go, have a good time." Albert turned to leave. As he walked away he looked over his shoulder, and saw Olivia and Joshie side by side, Olivia got closer Joshie, there hands were wrapped around each other, they were almost one now as they walked forward. Albert kept walking, but he wondered, what were they talking about.

As he reached the camp, he looked over in horror. Everything was destroyed, the tent like biuldings were taken down, some were set on fire, with a drenched rope, stretching over each wreckage.

They had been discovered. Albert turned around to get Olivia and Joshie, but he was trapped. The path he had come from was blocked off by some people in the black, the guards from the facility.  In the middle of the was another, but he was diffrent, he had some type of hemet, an iron skull implanted in the front.

" So, hows life, Albert." The man said, his voice recognizable at an instant. It was Derek.