Chapter fifteen: Training

As Alberts focus grew,nhe was able to expand the wooden structure, he made somewhat of an underground training area. There were five sections, one for each of them, each customized to help them use their gifts better.

Alberts section had some materials infront of him, which he first had to make, it took him three straight doays without sleep, butbhe finally made them, they were copper, steel, diamond, and ice, which didn't take as long as the other ones. He used each material as some type of weapon or sheild, and sometimes he practiced stopping the ice from melting.

Joshie had four rocks, shaped into human figures, he would practice his aim on them, and every now and then his power would randomly grow as much to melt the rock from the inside out, he was sometimes scared to use fight guards, he didn't want to kill them, and much less cook them onside out. He also had a flame on each side of the room, he would move it around, but was never quit able to master that.

Olivia had asked for palm sized, rounded, metal plates. She could throw them at someone and the electricity would follow directly as long as their was nothing more cpnducting, of she tried to aim it without the metal plates, she would probably end up shocking everyone aroumn her, including Albert, Joshie and the rest of them.

Tank had hsi own section as well, but his needed to be much bigger, and had a lor more reinforcments. His oiter walls were made of uneven rock, and steel as thick as a foot behing the rock. The room was as long as a football field, and had piles of boulders on one end, and on thenother side it had some weights specialy designed for him, but they weren't crafted too well. Tank would throw thw boulders from one side to the other, and would constantly lift the weights for hours on end.

Angel neede a diffrent type of training, since he didn't have much of a physical attribute it was mostly seeing through walls and getting exposed to radiation more often, so he wouldn't have too many effects. They all did close range combat, but Angel traimed more pften then everyone else, just to be more secure.

" How is it going down here?" Angel asked as he passed Alberts training place. They started to get along a bit better, but they still had their disagreements.

" I'm just training over time today, trying to release some stress, you know." Albert responded, as he formed an absorbing rubber around his hand and started punching the wall.

" You looking at training with me today or what?" Angel asked, watching Albert strike the blows.

" I trained with you last time, did you try Joshie or Tank?" Albert suggested.

" Oh, you mean the one that can make me into a pancake and the one that could cook the pancake, no thanks." Angel responded.

" Then why me, I'm basically the mouth, if I wanted to I could make the pancake disappear!" Albert cackled.

Angel let out a sigh, " So thats a no? I guess I could try Olivia, but if I accidently hurt her, Joshua will cook me without being a pancake."

Albert turned his head, and let his arms drop to his side. He was already sweating, and even though he had the shock absorbtion gloves, his hands still hurt when he punched.      " Joshies wouldn't do that, he may not know how to cook, but he still knows that pancakes ar flat." They both laughed, then their was an akward silence, neither of then spoke for a while, but eventually Angel got up.

" Well, I will go see if Olivia wants to practice and hopefully convinces Joshua not to burn me to a crisp." Angel smiled, and heard Albert yell to him as he turned a corner.

" Yeah," Albert said faintly, " and maybe try calling him Joshie, not Joshua." Angel barely heard that as he reached Olivias training room. There she was, insulating rubber floor, and two stone dummies woth disc engraved in their chest as they recieved hundred of volts of electricity.

" So, you wanna try some hand combat instead of using someone as a human lightbulb?" Angel yelled out, and Olivia turned around quickly, the static like sound instantly diminished and Olivia walked over.

" What was that?" She asked, taking makeshift earplugs out.

" I was saying if you wanted to traing with me, maybe without blowing afue inside me." He leaned against a wall. He admired Olivia, not like Joshua, but she reminded him of his sister, the sister he lost all those years ago, the sister that most likley died in the facility like so many other people.

" Sure, but I don't think you would blow a fuse, you would probably just blow up in cooked chunks of meat." Olivia chuckled, Angel got a chill through his spine as he imagined getting shocked and then exploding.

" Maybe don't do that." He said, almost like of he was seriously scared of her.

" Do you want to use weapons or not?" Olivia asked.

" No, just hand combat." Angel responded. Without giving Angel any time to think, Olivia had already lunged at him. She struck her hand out, it sliced through the air, almost creating a whistle. It made contact with Angels neck for a split secons, before he backed out and blocked a side kick from her. He had no time to think, in a real fight he wouldn't get any, he had to use his instinct and just attack at any chance he got. Angels knee came forward, but pushed out to the side with her hand, she used the other to grab Angels othe foot, she jumped back and Angel spiraled to the ground.

" Dammit," he whispered, and got back on his feet to face his opponent.

This time Olivia didn't get any surprise advatage, Angel kept his eyes  locked on her. He tried to predict the stepsnshe would take, he would try to confuse her by backstepping every once in a while, but whenever it came time to attack, he would fail, and no matter what way he attacked, no matter how many misleading steps he took, she was always three steps ahead of each one. No matter what, he would always end up on the ground.

" Well now I'm getting pissed," Angel sighed, and took a deep breathe as he sat with his arms wrapped aroumd his knees. " How do you do it?"

" How do I do what?" Olivia asked.

" You know, you're always ahead of me, you knpw what I'm going to do, you know what move I will make, how?" He asked again.

" I don't know what move you're going to make, I just prepare for any move, and whichever moves comes forward I already know how to avoid it." Olivia answered.

" Is it the lightning? Do you get some extra confidence, because you know either way you jave a better wat to defend yourself or something?" He kept questioning.

" No, actually. I really don't feel like I could use this power any better then I use my own hands." Olivia answered once more.

" I wish I got something as cool as that, instead I got stuck with this, how am I supposed to help fight of those guards if I can't come close to winning against you." Angel stated. Ever since those giatds had shown up to their other hide out, he had felt like a failure, Tank had probably broken the bones of multiple guards, but soon the numbers over whelmed him and he was taken down. Later they came from him, he tried to fight back but it was useless, and it seemed they enjoyed beating the light out of him, whenever je would get back up, they would beat him and laugh, always.

" You already have something cool, I mean you can see through walls and stuff right?" Olivia tried encouraging, but now Angels face was wiped from emotion.

" I need to get stronger, I wont let them take my family again!"