Chapter Eight

Fallon's POV:

I sat in the waiting room looking at my feet constantly clicking them together because of how nervous I was. I suddenly felt reeasured when Cameron touched my knee. "It's going to be okay." He smiled. I clicked on my lockscreen to a picture of me and my brother. "Who's that?" Cameron said looking down. "My brother, he died two years ago." "I'm so sorry." "What happened if you don't mind me asking?" "He uh was in the army for a while, and one of his buddies died in front of him and it messed with his head. He was sent home after that, and two weeks later I found him hanging in his room." I looked down as a tear fell. "That's awful. Did they not pay for counciling?" "They offered it to him, but he was stubborn." "What was his name?" "Justin." I smiled as the doctor walked out. "Fallon, we're ready." I took a deep breathe and walk backed with Cameron.

"Fallon, there is no other way to say this." I sighed. "Tell me." I said. "Your brain is getting worse." Cameron squeezed my hand tightly to keep from crying. "How long?" I said as a tear fell. "Six weeks, if that."

Cameron's POV:

I let go of Fallon's hand and walked out of the doctor to see her parents. I hugged them crying. "This isn't fair." I said. "Shh." Her mom held me as if I was her own son.

I sat in my room listening to my iPod when Jack walked in. "What the hell!" I jumped as Nash walked in. "I called him." I sighed. "I wanna help, Nash told me about Fallon." "No, hell no! Get out of my house, Gilinsky!" I shouted ready to hit him. "Dude, chill!" Nash said pulling me back. "Why do you wanna help?! So I can lose Fallon faster then six weeks!" I yelled as tears fell. "Wait, what?! Nash said she had six months left." "Had." I said catching my breathe. "She has six weeks, if shes lucky." I lost it, I know some people might think its awkward for a guy to cry, but I didn't care. I hugged Jack crying my eyes out as Nash watched.

Fallon's POV:

"....I can see it comin round full cirlcle my friend, on
they said they had reported you dead."

I sighed as tears poured from my eyes as the song played over and over on my ipod. "Fallon?" I heard a knock and saw Cameron. "Hey." He smiled as he, Jack and Nash walked. "I thought?!" I looked at him confused. "Brothers fight." He smiled sitting next to me. "Fallon, we want these next weeks to be perfect for you." Jack said. "How though?" I said wiping my eyes. "Well Cameron said you had a bucket list, so lets start with that." I looked at him for a second then got up and got my notebook out. "I think I got the first one covered." Cameron smiled getting down on one knee. I covered my mouth as the tears begain. "Cameron, oh my gosh." I heard my mom giggle a little and turned to see her and my Dad. "Go ahead honey." My mom smiled. "Fallon, this last month was probably the best month I've ever speant with someone. I know we haven't known each other long, but I love you Fallon, would you please do me the honor of marrying me?" More tears fell as he opened the ring box. "Yes!" I said as he picked me up swinging. "YES!" I smiled kissing him as everyone around us cheered. I was marrying my best friend.