04, the beauty of attraction

( 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, the beauty of attraction

( 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, the beauty of attraction. )
━━━━━━━━━━ amelia.

       I LIKE TO THINK
that the concept of family is like a spiderweb. There's so many connections all over the place but as soon as one of them is cut, you're isolated from so many people. That's how I like to think who I am regarding the McCall family, the cut web. Because of Mellisa sending me off to basically the other side of the country, I didn't get to 'have a family'. When everyone had planned to go home for the holiday's, I was one of the only students who'd stay behind with teachers.

"Phasmatos incedia," I say. The room sits in silence while nothing happens. Suddenly the plant on the other side of the room, burst into orange flames. The rest of the room flick their heads over to that side of the loft. Slowly the next plant, and then the next and the next until all the plants were basically orange and black. I should've thought this a little more through. I weakly laugh and do this cool closing hand gesture thing to stop the flames. "Yeah, I'm a witch, well... yeah basically I'm a witch," I roll my eyes, and make myself at home on the couch.

"See!" Stiles exclaims. Literally pointing to me, and acting like I'm a showcase at a museum.

"Stiles, I think they can see me," I enunciate. "You can stop now," I say, slapping away his hand. From the corner of my eye I see Derek telling Stella to go back to her room. She pouts but otherwise obliges, and with a strut, she slams her door shut.

"She can help us with the Alpha Pack," Stiles exclaims excitedly, and I laugh.

"I like you keep saying that 'I'm going to help you' without even, you know, asking about my life, what I'm doing. You know just, whatever happened to hello, how are you, how's your day been?" I fake a smile and cross my legs facing the pale boy. By now brunette and the ginger were scrutinising me and the blond was snacking on my half finished chip packet. Scott was just staring at me.

"Let's see," Scott starts, "you're a 23 year old girl, with no job, dropped out of school, never actually got a high school degree, and ran away from the family because she was sent to boarding school for being a horrible person. You don't really deserve respect from any of us," he says with so much confidence it's humorous.

"Is that what Melissa said about why I left?" I say with a sympathetic smile.

"No, that's what my mother told me," he rebuts, his uneven jaw clenched at the word 'Melissa'.

"Same thing-" I try to say but Isaac interrupts.

"Ok save the family reunion for later," he starts and then turns to face me. "How are you going to help us?"