43 - A Match Made in Hell

"T-tomorrow?" Jungkook listens intently, with one ear pressed up against his locked door, to Sora's conversation with the Chief on the phone. His ears had perked instantly when her phone had started ringing a few minutes ago. At the time, the bunny hybrid had sent his recording to you less than an hour ago and hadn't expected to hear back from you for another couple of hours at best. Yet, the moment the message was sent, you had read it immediately and instructed him to stay hidden in his room for the time being.

The bunny hybrid snickers internally at the fact that Sora has kept her conversation with the Chief on speakerphone the entire time. It gives Jungkook the perfect opportunity to listen in. Granted, she's probably only keeping the call on speaker for Ezekiel's sake since said male is still sitting in the kitchen holding an ice pack to his injured shoulder, waiting for Sora to drive him to the emergency room.

"We only just started Phase Two today. It isn't in our plan to start Phase Three for at least another week. Plus, Ezekiel got injured just now and we haven't even called backup. There's no way Phase Three is happening tomorrow, babe," Sora rants in a whiny tone.

Jungkook gags at the term of endearment the woman tacks onto the end of her complaint. In any other given situation, the bunny hybrid would feel bad for the older man dating her. But he's a dick for all the suffering he's brought upon Jungkook, so the couple can go rot in hell together.

"What? Ezekiel's hurt?" The Chief's angry voice booms from his end of the line.

"The little rat dislocated my shoulder," Ezekiel himself responds bitterly.

"I think a little time with that Y/N bitch got him thinking he's hot stuff now. The dumb bitch that I bought all those years ago never dared to bat an eyelash at me and now he's out here breaking arms," Sora chimes in.

Jungkook lets out a little growl at the mention of your name slipping out of his ex-owner's mouth. Little rat? Jungkook rolls his eyes in distaste. He's a bunny hybrid for crying out loud! A small pout immediately makes its way onto his lips after being associated with a rodent. He didn't even break the man's arm as Sora overdramatically claims. He simply popped the joint out of its socket; no broken bones whatsoever so it's really no biggy.

"Well then, that gives us all the more reason to start Phase Three tomorrow," Chief urges.

"Baby, I don't think you understand! I'm outnumbered! I might be a human dealing with a no-good hybrid, but with the way he dislocated Ezekiel's shoulder today, there's no way I can handle him on my own-"

"Don't worry, sweetheart," The Chief cuts Sora off with an unreadable tone that sends chilling shivers down Jungkook's spine. "I'll be there with you tomorrow and I'll bring back-up."

"What?" Sora gasps. Jungkook tilts his head to the side in confusion, feeling just as confused as the woman sounds.

"I'm going to personally arrive on scene tomorrow to make sure nothing goes wrong. And if it does, I'll call all of my available units as back-up saying a feral hybrid is on the loose with a weapon. My men will be forced to come if the situation is dire enough."

A feral hybrid with a weapon? The Chief is really willing to lie to all of his officers like that to help a woman he's dating with her bad intentions? Jungkook's jaw falls slack in shock and makes a mental note to bring this matter to Jimin's attention to see if they can get him fired after all of this is over. This man is supposed to be the leader of the officers working hard to protect the city - what a joke.

"Plus, I've got Park listening in on the call right now and if he knows what's best for him and his little rabbit friend, he wouldn't dare mess with my plans for tomorrow," the Chief chuckles darkly.