4 - Surrounded by Grandpas

"Okay, here is your prescription. You should be feeling better tonight after you take the antibiotics and your cold will go away within five days. But you have to take the medicine in order to get better, alright?" you smile as the young fox hybrid hops off of the examination table, nodding her head enthusiastically.

"Thank you, Dr. Y/L/N," the owner smiles while reaching out to hold her hybrid's hand.

"No problem," you chuckle. "So as I said, her cold should go away in five days. The prescription only calls for five pills so have her take one a day with a meal and she'll be all set. Oh, and try your best to have her take each dose at around the same time," you explain as the three of you make your way to the front of the clinic.

"Is it alright if I give her some painkillers? She said her head was bothering her on the way here."

"Oh, yes. If her head is still bothering her, she can take any over-the-counter painkiller," you assure the owner. "Yoongi," you call, causing the cat hybrid to jolt awake from his nap.

"Yes?" he answers, head snapping towards the direction of your voice.

"Could you please finish their check-out process? Thanks, kitty," you smirk and the cat hybrid sends a quick glare before turning around to help the fox hybrid's owner. 

"Would you like a lollipop?" you ask as you grab a jar of lollipops from behind the counter, bending down so that you're at eye-level with the young hybrid. The little girl's eyes widen and she looks up at her owner for permission and receives a nod in response. She giggles softly and beams up at you with excitement written all over her features. 

"Which flavor would you like?" you ask as you stick your hand into the jar. 

"Strawberry, please," she responds politely. 

"Good choice, strawberry is my favorite," you smile while handing the lollipop to her causing her to release another quiet giggle.

"What do we say?" the owner reminds the young hybrid gently.

"Thank you!" the fox squeals before reaching out for her owner's hand once again and walking out of the clinic.

"Not cool," Yoongi grumbles as soon as the front door swings close.

"Hm? I don't know what you're talking about," you feign ignorance as you set the jar of candy back onto the counter.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," the cat hybrid huffs. "I was in the middle of my nap and you woke me up!"

"And what are you going to do about it, kitty? It's literally your job to check in and checkout patients," you tease, reaching out to scratch behind his ear. Yoongi's eyes flutter close and he tilts his head to lean into your touch. A soft rumble emits from his chest and it quickly turns into a non-stop stream of purrs.

"Not fair, you're trying to distract me with ear scratches" he whispers in between purrs.

"You love it," you giggle and you receive a slow nod from him. You slowly pull your hand away and Yoongi scowls at the loss of contact. "Any news on the bunny yet?"

"No, they've been in room three this entire time," the feline purses his lips.

"It's been two hours," you huff out in frustration.

"I know. They'll be out soon," he assures you.

As if on cue, you see Seokjin walk out of the hallway with an unreadable expression on his face. You quickly rush up to him and he jokingly rolls his eyes at you, tightening his lips into a straight line.