Chapter 3

Ponyboys POV-

The car ride home was quiet. Everyone was looking at eachother, sharing glances that could tell a story of a thousand words. All except for (y/n). She was sitting still, looking down at her lap. She was fiddling with something. I was curious as to what it was and I also wanted to break the silence.

"Whats that?" I asked motioning to the object. I was sitting beside her so I didnt have to speak loudly. As soon as she realized that I was looking at it, she shoved it in her pocket. "Nothing." She spat back quickly. It didnt sound like it was nothing.

"Are you sure?" I asked. She nodded her head and I could tell she wasnt in a mood to talk so I let her be.

We pulled into the driveway to the house and everyone walked in. Again, except for (y/n). She was the last person to reach the door but instead of entering, she stood there, she seemed as if she was contemplating going inside.

I was holding the door open for her so I asked "you coming?" In the most polite voice I could.

Her gaze shifted away from me and she started rocking back and forth on her feet. "Umm, actually... I-Im going to take a walk..." She said hesitantly. "Okay... Do you want me to go with you?" I asked her.

"N-no... Its okay. Thanks though." She assured. "Alright... But dont go runnin' off again." I said as a joke but she didnt find it too funny. I shut the door after I watched her walk off the porch.

Everybody stared at me. "You just let her go?! Great, now we have to go get her again!" Steve said clearly annoyed with me. I dont know what his problem is. He never liked me. I never did anything to him.

"I dont think she's running away this time." I said sheepishly. Soda got up and put on his jacket and walked to the door. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "I believe you Pony, but I couldnt live with myself if something happened to her."

Then I remembered why Soda cared so much about (y/n).

*Flashback*
Soda's POV-
It was a typical day at the DX and my shift was almost over when a group of girls walked in. They were Soc's and my immediate reaction was 'Gee, here we go again.' But then on of the girls caught my eye.

She had (h/l) (h/c) that matched perfectly with her sparkling (e/c) eyes. She was talking and laughing with her friends. Her laugh was so cute and she was... Beautiful.

There was three of the girls and I was hoping that the one I had noticed would also notice me.

My dreams were faltered when she turned around and walked out to their car. The two other girls came up to me and started to flirt. I made conversation with them but my eyes kept shifting outside to where the girl was.

"Hey, didnt three of you guys come in?" I asked, hinting I wanted to know more about that other chick.

"Um, yeah. (Y/n) went back to the car though. Why?" The one named Claire responded.

"No reason." I answered with nothing else to really say. The other one was named Mary. She spoke as if she had just remembered something. "Oh! I almost forgot, we need to fill up our tank." She said as she pulled out her wallet.

"Guess you're just a distraction... Nothin wrong with that." She smirked.

"What car?" I asked ignoring her comment. "The red 1963 stingray corvette." She said kind of embarrassed. I chuckled a bit. "I know. Its sooo old. I tried to get my daddy to buy me a newer one but he said I had to wait another week for it. He is so rude sometimes."