Chapter 4

Ponyboys POV-

I watched Soda walk off the porch just like (y/n) had. He told me everything that happened between them and Dallas but not the rest of the gang. He just told them that they were friends and if they didnt talk, one of them was just having a bad day.

But the most ignorant one was Dallas. He didnt even know that Soda knew (y/n) apart from him introducing them once. He never seen them talk and nobody ever told him what happened.

Nobody questioned where Soda was going because we already knew. I wondered what Dally was doing now.

Sodapop's POV-

It was a warm night but the wind cooled it down a bit. The sky was dark. Clouds covered the moon and stars.

I was trying to figure out which way (y/n) went when suddenly I walked by an alleyway.

Out of pure curiosity I glanced in its direction expecting to see a dark path of nothingness.

To my surprise I saw someone sitting with their back against the brick wall.

Just to my luck, it was (y/n).
A/n- wow. How convient that you find her NOW just so the plot can continue. Its called LaZy WrItTiNg. (I called myself out so yall wouldn't)

I walked up to her slowly. "H-hey (y/n)."

She just looked at me with sad eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked knowing all too well she wasnt.

"I- I cant take this anymore." She said quietly, kinda ignoring my question. "When's is gonna stop?"

"When is what going to stop?" I asked in a calm voice.

"The pain. The confusion. The shock. The denial. The disbelief." Her voice trailed off.

"Well, you probably have to give it more than an hour." I joked. She just glared at me. 'Not the time for jokes' I made a mental note.

Ponyboy had always told me that I could make people smile but I just didnt know how to help (y/n).

She spoke up just then. "I just... I just wanna get away."

"Then lets leave." I said quite seriously.

She looked at me, confused.

"Lets get outta here. Just me and you. Right now." I continued.

She sighed. "I tried that. And not even 10 minutes after leavin', the gang comes to 'pick me up and bring me home' like im some sort of child."

"You know we only did that because we cared about you. And besides, you were alone then. Now you're with me. They trust me." I smiled.

The quickly looked at me. "You're saying you guys dont trust me on my own?!" She practicality yelled.

"Um NO. No thats not what I meant. You're twisting my words around. I just meant, im not the one going through a breakup and im less likely to do something stupid." I said defensively.

"Oh wow. 'Something stupid'. You really have a lot of faith in me huh?"

"(Y/n) you know that's not how I meant it."

The corners of her lips curled upwards as she began to giggle. "I know. I just like messing with you." She teased.

'So it was the time for jokes?!' I asked myself mentally. Girls are confusing.

"So what'd ya say? You wanna get outta here?" I ask.

"Yeah... Yeah I'd like that." She smiled.

A/n- Idk where the hell this is going but I like it so imma continue it. Also again, another chapter without Dally even tho this is a Dallas fic.... Look, he's gonna show up soon. Im just trying to progress the story. I see so many stories where Dallas cheats on the reader and she forgives him the same day. Likeeee, bish, no. So im trying to make this more realistic but still filled with drama, (hints the backstory with Soda) but Dallas will make a returnnn.
Dude idk if ppl even read this atp.