CHP:19 (Humiliation from Chen Ziyao)

“This meal is on me . Let me tell you a secret. I’ve picked up some money on a road . it was said that you must share the money that you accidently picked up with someone else , or you’ll have bad luck “ Gu Ning lied to Yu Mixi with the same old excuse.

“Really ? that’s great . then this time is on you. I’ll buy you a meal this afternoon .” Yu Mixi didn't’ t reject this time .

She had also heard the old saying .

The canteen had two floors .

The first floor was for the public , providing cheap and not delicious food.

The food was made in large amounts every time . taste wasn’t the first priority , as long as the food was cooked .

The second floor was a private dining place. You could order whatever you wanted first , then cook; would cook for you one by one .

Accordingly , the price was much higher .

If you dined in the public cafeteria . 10 yuan would be enough .

However, if you dined in the private cafeteria , a hundred yuan were barely enough .

So when Gu Ning proposed to have  a meal on the second floor , Yu Mixi immediately refused .

Gu Ning wouldn’t listen to her , and walked to the second floor directly . Yu Mixi then had to follow up.

Though the students in the private cafeteria weren’t as many as students in the public cafeteria .

The second floor was mostly occupied , because there were lots of rich kids .

The second Gu Ning and her friend went upstairs , an un-kind voice sounded ,

“Gee, isn’t this Gu Ning from the fourth classroom ? isn’t she the well-known poor student ? why is she here ?”

Gu Ning actually wasn’t famous at all. Only her classmates or Gu Xiaoxiao and Qin Zheng’s friends knew her .

The girl had already mentioned Gu Ning was from the fourth classroom , which meant she wasn’t Gu Ning’s classmate . the girl also couldn’t be Qin Zheng’s acquaintance .

Gu Ning was sure that she must be a friend of Gu Xiaoxiao’s.

Gu Ning had no intention to argue back.

She looked over at the girl . The girl was exactly Gu Xiaoxiao’s good friend . her name was Chen Ziyao . She was a senior from the second classroom.

Chen Ziyao was born in a rich family as well. Her father , who had dozens of millions of assets , was a director of a famous real estate corporation .

The corporation Chen Ziyao’s father worked for was in close co-operation with the company Gu Xiaoxiao’s father worked for. They gathered together often . Chen ziyao and Gu Xiaoxiao became good friends naturally.

Chen Ziyao also knew what had happened between Gu Ning and Qin Zheng .

However , Gu Xiaoxiao and Qin Zheng had asked her to keep the truth to herself , so she never told anyone .

Gu Ning just gave her  a glance , then ignored it . she went to an empty table with Yu Mixi , starting to order .

Gu Ning ignored Chen Ziyao’s eyes , Gu Ning was a coward . she was used to laughing at Gu Ning all the time, and Gu Ning never had argued back.

“I think she probably has picked up money on a road .”

A girl who sat beside Chen Ziyao added . they never miss any chance to make fun of Gu Ning.

Yu Mixi ,  on the other hand , was surprised that the girl knew the fact.

Seeing Yu Mixi’s face , Gu Ning didn’t know how to explain.

Before long, Gu Ning had finished their order.

It was the best meal they ever had in school for all those years.

“Gu Ning , isn’t this too much ?”   Yu Mixi asked .

They had spent almost two hundred yuan . if they ate in the public cafeteria , two hundred yuan was totally enough for a week.

“Don’t  worry , it’s nothing “, Gu Ning replied .

Yu Mixi then closed her mouth .

“Oh, let me see what do you two poor little girls have today.”

Chen Ziyao stood up, walking towards Gu Ning . She assumed Gu Ning and Yu Mixi must be too poor to have something really good .

Only those rich girls who were bored would enjoy making fun of others.

The minute Chen Ziyao came over , Gu Ning put away the bill . she stood up and went to the cook. Gu Ning directly ignored Chen Ziyao again .

Chen Ziyao was displeased . she reached out to grab the bill .

However, Gu Ning wouldn’t allow her to do that .

Gu Ning moved slightly away . Chen Ziyao grabbed nothing but air . she felt embarrassed , shouting at Gu Ning afterwards, “Gu Ning , how dare you to escape !”

Chen Ziyao’s angry voice raised attention from many students .

Gu Ning ignored Chen Ziyao earlier because she didn’t want to get into trouble , but now the trouble found her , Gu Ning decided to face it.

She stopped , looking straight at Chen Ziyao , “Why not ?”

Chen Ziyao was struck dumb suddenly . she didn’t expect Gu Ning would argue back.

In Chen Ziyao’s eyes , Gu Ning was merely a poor weak miserable girl .

She could bully Gu Ning whenever and wherever she wanted.

But now everything was different . Gu Ning even argued back in front of everyone .

Chen Ziyao felt shamed ,

“Gu Ning , you know you’re a poor girl and have no right to fight against me!”

“What’s wrong with me being a poor girl? It’s none of your business . you have no right to stand in my way!” Gu Ning argued again. She never liked Chen Ziyao .

“You . . . “ Chen Ziyao was annoyed .

Actually Chen Ziyao did have no right to stand in other’s way .

Now , the onlookers all believed Chen Ziyao had shamed herself .

Amid everyone’s dislike , Chen Ziyao was more than irritated .

She knew she had no right to stand in Gu Ning’s way, but she was so used to making fun of Gu Ning .

Chen Ziyao couldn’t accept the fact that Gu Ning had stood up against her .

Therefore , Chen Ziyao didn’t give up ,

“Gu Ning , do you know your mother was pregnant before getting married? You’re merely a bastard without a father . . .”