CHP:21 (The Drama In Canteen)

Qin Zheng was confused about the relationship between Chu Peihan and Gu Ning .

They didn’t seem like friends , because Chu Peihan always talked to Gu Ning in an unfriendly way.

However, she stood up for Gu Ning.

Qin Zheng wasn’t sure whether Chu Peihan was helping Gu Ning , or merely hated him .

If Chu Peihan hated him , he honestly had no idea why she would do that.

On the other side , Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao didn’t know what had happened this morning.

They believed Chu Peihan was here to laugh at Gu Ning too.

In Gu Xiaoxiao’s and Chu Peihan’s eyes , Gu Ning was a joke herself who was meant to be bullied .

They never thought about the possibility that Chu Peihan and Gu Ning were friends . it was impossible from their perspectives .

Why ?

They didn’t believe Chu Peihan  , a girl from a powerful family , would make a friend with Gu Ning , who was from a poor family .

Actually , they weren’t clear about Chu Peihan’s background . they only knew she had support from the principal .

Everyone , Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao included , believed Chu Peihan was here to make fun of Gu Ning , except Qin Zheng who looked doubtful .

Yu Mixi was nervous now , but didn’t dare to say anything .

“I know . they’re all jealous of my beauty ,”  Gu Ning  joked  , like her beauty was really a burden to her .

Zhang Yiming immediately laughed out loud .

He looked at Gu Ning with disdain , “Gu Ning , how dare you to say that ? i don’t see your beauty at all , but your poverty is quite obvious .”

“Exactly , nobody will be jealous of you ! you poor girl ! “

Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao agreed at once. Though they did bully Gu Ning because she was prettier than them , they would never admit it .

No one knew the real reason why Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao enjoyed bullying Gu Ning , but it was a common acknowledgement that Gu Ning was more beautiful than Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao .

Thus, Gu Ning’s reply didn’t raise much dislike .

Gu Ning wasn’t mad at all.

“Then why won’t you leave me alone ? i don’t think i’ve ever hurt them . if they’re not being jealous of my beauty , then what ?”

While Gu Ning was saying , she unconsciously wore  a cute face . everyone , Qin Zheng included, was attracted to her at once .

Gu Ning was a beauty indeed. Before , Tang Aining was reborn to her body , she had always been quiet , self-abased .

Even though she was beautiful  , nobody appreciated her beauty .

But now , Gu Ning was full of confidence and power . it was hard to ignore her .

Now , more and more students around them believed Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao bullied Gu Ning only because Gu Ning was prettier than them .

After a while , Gu Ning added , “And , Chen Ziyao just said i’m bullied because of my poverty . Actually , i don’t understand why my poverty somehow becomes the reason that she should bully me .”

Gu Ning said in a calm and slow way , without anger or hatred , like she wasn’t the one who had been bullied .

Hearing this , everyone’s opinion of Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao became very low. Some  even felt anger and unfairness for Gu Ning .

What Gu Ning had said was the plain truth , which everyone had seen and heared .

At short notice , Gu Ning won most students’ support .

“Exactly , what’s wrong with being poor ? they’re bullies !”

“No one would stand still and wait to be hit . idiot !”

“She has even humiliated the girl’s family . she’s such a bad person !”

The crowd of onlookers started to blame Chen Ziyao .

“You …”  Chen Ziyao was so irritated that she didn’t know how to argue back .

Gu Xiaoxiao was speechless too.

While Qin Zheng , Zheng Yiming and Fu Mingling stayed away from the drama .

They noticed Chen Ziyao lost everyone’s support and wasn’t willing to be involved .

The boys didn’t want to ruin their fame as well.

“Gu Ning , what have you done the last lifetime? Your poverty now becomes a problem in others’ eyes .” Chu Peihan rolled her eyes at Gu Ning with dislike .

“Well , in that case , i must be super rich one day .” Gu Ning responded .

She would sooner or later .

Gu Xiaoxiao immediately mocked , “Gee! Live in your dream , Gu Ning”

She wouldn’t believe Gu Ning could be rich throughout her life .

“I think it’s possible ,” Chu Peihan suddenly said .

Chu Peihan had the feeling that Gu Ning wasn’t an ordinary girl .

Gu Xiaoxiao was surprised that Chu Peihan helped Gu Ning , wasn’t she supposed to laugh at Gu Ning as well?

“Gu Xiaoxiao , let’s go and see! I’m poor now but it doesn’t mean i’ll be poor forever !” Gu Ning replied with determination and confidence .

Before Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao could argue back , Gu Ning opened her mouth again .

“Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao , i advise you to stay away from now on , or you’ll  regret for sure .” Gu Xiaoxiao warned them with  a cold look.

Gu Ning actually didn’t care about whether Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao would listen to her . she had made her mind to stand up for herself against them .

Gu Xiaoxiao and Chen Ziyao were certainly displeased by Gu Ning’s warning ,

“Gu Ning , what do you think you are? You …”

Right at this moment , Qin Zheng interrupted ,”enough!”

Gu Xiaoxiao was his girlfriend , and he ought to protect her .