CHAPTER 39: The Beggining of an End

Jennie's POV

I can hear the birds chirping, the sun sipping through the window that passes through the curtain reaching my face.

"Ugh." I squint my eyes, irritated with the light that the sun is emitting. I turned my body on the opposite and reach for someone.

"Lisa." I called as my hand roam above the bed with my eyes close. My irritation grew more when I didn't hold what I wanted. I called her name again but receive none. I slowly open my eyes, trying to adjust from the blurriness. As soon as my eyes adjusted, there's no Lisa beside me. I felt alarmed when I didn't saw her.

"Lisa?" and a memory registered on my mind. We made love all night. I remember her touches that sent a thousand bolts on my body. Her soft kisses that brings different sensation on my body.

But I am dressed.

Wait.

I forcefully pull myself up and lifted the blanket that is covering my whole being. And I am wearing the same dress from last night.

Please don't tell me I am only dreaming. I once call her name again but heard nothing.

"No. No. No. This can't be. I know she's here last night." I quickly went out of my bed and regretted it when I felt a jolt of pain in between my thighs.

I smiled.

This is totally crazy but it is the only proof that she is here last night. I held my lower abdomen and tried walking towards my door. Every step that I make is torture but my smile won't erase on my lips. We did it, again. We made love. Shared intimate kisses.

Once I open my door, I was welcomed by my sister who just came out also of her room. She eyed me from head to toe, noticing how I winced in pain while walking and holding my stomach.

"Jenduek, what happened to you??" She approaches me and held my shoulders, checking my whole being. But I didn't answer her.

"Unnie, where is Lisa?? Is she downstairs?" Her eyebrows creased hearing my question.

"Jennie, she's not-"

"Oh for Christ sake Unnie I know she's here. She went to me last night. Tell me where is she?" Jisoo was taken a back by my sudden outburst but remained calm.

"Jennie, she is not really here." I look at her for 5 seconds and decided to look for myself. I tried walking again, hands on the wall supporting myself. "Jennie what happened to you?" Again I ignored her and ask another question.

"Where's dad? I need to see him." I head straight to where his office is, thinking he must be inside at this hour.

"Jennie you can't. He is talking with someone." But I didn't listen to her and fasten my pace. Jisoo is trying to stop me but I always yank her. Once I reach his office, I didn't even knock and just open his door. I saw dad talking with someone. Shock visible on his face.

"Dad I am so sorry." Jisoo mumbled whose behind me. My Dad dismissed the man he is talking a while ago and exited the room.

"Jennie, what has gotten into you? That is so disrespectful." He said giving me his serious look but I don't care. I am tired of his acts.

"Where is she?" I said, my voice filled with determination to look for her. Jisoo tried to stop me but only receive glare from me. "Tell me Dad, where is she?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Jennie." He sat down again on his swivel chair and started typing on his laptop. This time I move closer to him right in front of his office desk. Jisoo tried to stop me again but I didn't bother her.

"You know what I am talking about Dad. Tell me where she is?" But he didn't bother to glance at me and continued working on his laptop. I know he knows where she is. Why wont he let me be with her. Why can't I just be happy with the person I love.

"Where the fuck is she Dad!" This time slamming my palms on his table looking down. Tears started to pull out of my eyes.

"Jennie stop!" Jisoo shouted. But my father held his hand telling Jisoo that it is ok. I look back at him, not minding if I am crying. I won't be silent anymore. I won't lock myself again. I won't just do nothing.

"Why can't you let me be with her? Why can't you let me be happy? I have been keeping this, trying to understand why won't you let me be with her? Why Dad?" His face softens, not speaking. Just listening to whatever I am saying.

"I love her Dad, and I love you too. It hurts so much. It hurts so bad because I can't understand why are you doing this. I can't understand why you let Jisoonie be happy with the woman she love and not me? Why Appa?" Suddenly the door burst open revealing my Mom and Rosé.

"Please Dad.. help me understand.. please." My tears won't stop falling. My heart is aching. I am sobbing. But I don't care.

"I love her." Thats when I broke down. I felt my knees weakened and I found myself kneeling in front of my father. My mom, Jisoo and Rosé run to me, caressing my back.

"Jiyong." My mom called and I heard my Dad sighed. He walks toward my direction and kneeled in front of me, cupping my cheeks while wiping the tears with his thumb.

"Honey." He sighed. "Its not my decision to make." I frowned hearing him. Not his decision?

"What do you mean Dad? Please enlighten me. Whose decision it is?" He signaled my sister to grab something on his table. Later on Jisoo went back holding a brown envelop before giving it to me.

"What's this?" My heart is pumping so fast, and suddenly I find it hard to breathe. I became nervous just because of the brown thing I am holding. I immediately fished out whats inside and welcomed me with papers. I carefully read every single detail that is written on the paper.

When I thought there are no more tears left for me to cry, I am wrong. Because the moment I finished reading the content, pool of tears escaped through my eyes. It crash my whole being. It breaks my heart even more.

No.

Lisa.

~
Long hiatus. But..
𝑀𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝐶𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐻𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 ♥️