Lilibeth

Two weeks have passed already since Charity's incident and she is still on the bench for any kind of dance.

I feel bad for her. That's literally her life and I sometimes watch her on some Colorguard shows I have to go to for the Yearbook staff. I wish I could be snapping some pics of my best friend, but I only get a frowning picture from her. If I weren't carrying a child, she'd probably throw her book at me for getting that pic.

Talking about my child, Luke and I seriously have to tell his mother. I insisted that maybe I should stop by, but this is kind of personal for him. So he prefers to take the first step. But other than that, I'm actually feeling much better. My little one is even bigger, too. I still have the advantage of wearing big clothes and it sort of hides it away. But if I wear something slightly fit to my size, it pops. And I love it.

Mom is all up on my belly now. She always seems to give it a tiny rub or she's even started to talk to it. It's a little odd, but I just giggle with her. My brother seems to grow on it, too. Maybe because he's on better terms with Charity. The other day, he asked me what kind of flowers were her favorite and I gave him the ones she hates. I said to myself that if he ends up not listening to me like always and chooses her favorite, then it's true. A few hours later, I got a message from Charity of a picture with a bouquet. I smiled as I observed the Lilies. It's true love....

Though, I've seen Luke a little off lately. Maybe it's because of the hospital thing. He's thoughtful and quieter than usual. He's been horribly failing all his classes and it's almost Thanksgiving break. In fact, today is the last day of school for Thanksgiving break.

I see Luke scratch the back of his neck in Physics. Worry crosses at my heart for my mechanic boy. So I sigh and lean in my chair for a small break of thinking too hard. I'm wearing something loose but it's tight enough to make it seem like I'm just gaining some weight. My stomach starts to slowly awaken and I know in a few moments, it'll cry out to me as if I haven't eaten in days.

As I reach in my backpack to get a snack, I write down a few answers on the smallest crumpled up paper and kick it by Luke's shoe. He feels it and slowly reaches down to it. He hesitates when he has it in his hands, but he quietly copies some of it down.

The things I do for this boy.....

By the time class ends, we all turn in our papers and step out. Luke waits for me at the door and once again, we walk together in silence.

"Thank you for helping me out," he says after a moment. "I was really struggling there."

"It seems like you've been struggling more than usual," I gently say to him. "Is everything alright?"

Luke tries to hide his exhaustion but let's his walls down and shakes his head. "No. I need a break."

Then a light bulb turns on inside of me and I give him a wide smile. "Say no more, my love. Meet me at the garden after school."

"What? But I have work."

"Then cancel it!" I playfully say as I enter my next class. "You won't regret it! I promise!"

By the end of the day, I quickly drive home and change into something more warmer. I find a long sleeve that used to fit me just right, but now it only shows a small bump popping forward. I nod at the mirror and drive to the house.

By now, my stomach starts with small grumbles so I make a fresh bowl of Luke's favorite fruits and snacks. I set it up at the master bed, bring out a few classics that he likes from the library and smile proudly at the refreshing decoration I've made.

My stomach does a quick growl and I pop a blueberry in my mouth. "All we have to do is wait."

Just as I finish saying this, the sound of the door opening makes me run to greet Luke. His shoulders fall tiredly as he hangs his jacket and I wrap my arms around his broad waist.