Chapter 19

"Yuno?!"
Noelle gasped, on spotting the raven hair walking out of the corridor. With Asta in his arms.

"Hey...what happened to him?!"
Magna yelled as he ran to Yuno.

The Black Bulls were lazing around doing their own things in the main lobby, when Yuno walked in from the corridor which lead to the male baths.

"It took me a while to reach here. The base shifted, sorry."
Yuno apologized, and glanced around each of the members who were awake.

"What happened to the kid?"
Yami towered over Yuno, intentionally making himself threatening...assuming Yuno did something.
"I-I'll explain later, captain Yami. We need to take him to doctor Owen."

Yami stared at Yuno, before Magna, Noelle, and Vanessa yelled at the same time;
"AGAIN!?!?"

....................................

Owen sat in silence, opposite to Yami. The men were sitting on each side of the bed Asta was layed on. He was sound asleep.
Owen sighed, before pulling off his glasses.
"I feel bad for this kid...ending up here each and every time. He's falling more and more ill. Something should be done, Yami."

The Bull's captain let out a puff of smoke from his new cigarette.
"......Yami, c'mon. Atleast not around your brigade member who's going through a lot more than you have."

Yami chuckled, by listening to Owen's request. But stopped almost immediately.

"Mister Coolio has something to say to you. I'll head out."
Yami pushed away his chair and walked to the door. He opened it and signalled to someone, before pushing Yuno inside.

Owen eyed Yuno, who seemed in distress.
He's obviously scared of Yami. Nothing else.
Owen thought.

"So...Yami mentioned that you had something to report about your incident yesterday."
"Yeah."

Yuno dragged the chair Yami was seated on and formally sat down.

"Uhh...a lot of things happened yesterday. Actually."
He took a deep breath, before sliding down his robe from his shoulder.

Owen watched as Yuno opened all the layers of clothing on his arm, and revealed a vampiric bite mark on his shoulder.
"What...is that?"

Owen slid his chair a little closer, with wide eyes.
"When did that happen..?"
"Last evening. It was a normal chat until Asta started acting like an animal. His black form activated on his own without his sword, nor his grimoire."
He paused.
".....it happened twice in the same night."

Owen froze.
Twice? Is he serious?
"And you didn't tell nobody??"
".....that's the problem."

"...huh?"
"Doctor....After Asta bit me the first time, all I remember after that is waking up on his own bed. Then he seemed fine."
Yuno finally pulled his shirt and robe back on.
"The second time was in the middle of the night. He didn't bite me, but he was totally rouge--"
"Wait. Tell me more about the first time."

Owen interrupted Yuno. He had grown severe interest on a certain event, seemed like.

"What do you want to know, doctor?"
"....umm...do you remember....just...anything...at all? After he bit you?"
"....I might if I try really hard. Don't think there's time for that."

Owen leaned back on his chair.

"You have time. Try it."
He said softly.
Yuno nodded, before his expression went tense again.

(5 minutes later)

".....you're saying...he was..."
Yuno stammered, with a shocked face.
"He was...pulling out my...
life-force..?"