Chapter 3

Owen walked out of Yuno's room, quite satisfied with the answers the teen gave.

He made sure the questions weren't too personal and kept them simple. At the same time he ended up getting a lot of more information than needed.
He kept note of Yuno's behavior too.

Yuno seemed to be in his own world. He would stare out of his window, as-if he was waiting for his rival to come back.
He also constantly kept glancing at the room door. It kinda creeped out Owen.
Certain magic users like Yuno, Luck, Mereoleona, and Yami, have insane mana reading abilities. It's result is of them using powerful mana-zone spells.
Owen felt really awkward everytime Yuno stared at the door. It felt like someone was eavesdropping them...and Yuno being the quiet person he is, doesn't really talk about such things.

"........Yami..?"
Owen looked startled seeing the muscular man waiting outside the room door.
"Yo, Owen. I got a few questions to ask him."
Yami asked, in his usual low tone.
".....take that weed outta your mouth before going in, Yami."
"Huh? Why? Cool Brat got Asthma or something?"
"No, but we ALL might get it 'cause of you."
Yami locked eyes with Owen for a few seconds.
".........Fine."
Yami muttered, really dissapointed. He took the cigarette out of his mouth, and placed it in Owen's..... breast-pocket........
"Yami. Yami what the fuck."
The taller man laughed heartily and proceeded to enter the room.

------------------------------------------------°°°

"Hey, pretty boy."
Yuno stared at the newly entering man.
"Captain Yami? Why are you here?"
"Believe it or not, I'm worried about you."
Yeah, Yuno didn't believe that.
"I know you're not worried about me. But why did you come?"
"Well... I just wanted to share a few things with you. I'll tell Vengeance soon, but I'll tell you a little more, since you're a lot closer to him."
"Okay..."

"First of all, we might need the Golden Dawn to come with us for our next dungeon raid. We might find Asta, and the criminals behind this."
"Oh, that's great---"
"You ain't coming."

............

"Huh?"

"What if he returns to the capital while all of us are away? And plus, you're messed up as hell."

"I'm... I'm fine! I don't need help!"
"Shut Up. That dude broke 'em kneecaps of yours. You can barely walk. Wanna' try?"
Yami threatened him, and Yuno took it all.
The black haired boy slid his legs off the bed, and pushed his body upwards, but suddenly he fell over almost like he had no legs at all.

He stumbled onto the nearby shelf, and hit his forehead pretty hard against the edge of the compartment.
He collapsed to the ground in front of Yami's feet.
"See?"
Yami said, crouching down. Yuno's arm shivered as he tried to pull himself up.
"You can't even walk. It's impossible for you to do anything."
Yami explained.
"By today evening, you'll most likely be able to walk with some support. The Wizard King and his assistant will stay back."
Yuno looked up at Yami with an annoyed expression.
What if they find Asta?
Yuno thought.
I won't even be there to say welcome back to him.
"Just deal with it, kid. It's for your own good."
Yami grabbed Yuno's right arm, and pulled him up. The teen shivered as he got up.
"Now...

Where are your bandages...?..."