Nightmare

Edgeworth heard a knock at the door. It was about 3AM, and Phoenix was asleep. The prosecutor looks at the door, fairly confused, until he hears another knock. He gets up and opens the door to see nobody there. "I'm down here.." A small, childish voice says. Miles looks down. "Oh.. What are you doing up so late, Trucy?" He asks. "I had a nightmare..." She looks up at him. "Well, your father is asleep so-" Miles starts. "No, I wanted to talk to you about it..."

Miles was honestly surprised. She always went to Phoenix to talk, not him. She was really distant from him too. He was also terrible at empathy, soooo this was gonna be a train wreck. Miles nods and ushers her into the room, sitting on the bed. "So what exactly was this dream about?" He asks, looking at her. "Well, it was about you and dad getting a divorce.."

"Hm? You know we would neve-" He gets cut off by feeling something wrap around his arm. Trucy was crying into his arm. Edgeworth looks down at her, not knowing what to do. He strokes her hair and looks at her. "It'll.. It'll be alright.. Your father and I would never leave each other, you know that right?" Miles asks. Miles didn't know that Phoenix was awake, watching him with one eye open. "B-but you guys are a-always arguing in c-court and stuff.." She says, not letting go of his arm. "We're in love, and no trial could change that. I've loved him since I laid eyes on him. You think I'd let that feeling go? No way!" He smiles at her. "Now, it's pretty late, I think we should both go to bed"

He stands up and walks her to bed. "Goodnight Trucy." He says. "Night dad!" She says, as he turns off her light and closes the door. He was actually dying outside the door, due to the fact that she called him dad for the first time. He runs to the room, to see Phoenix giving him a smug look. "Were you awake the entire time??" Miles asks, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Yup!" Phoenix smiles at him. "Awwwww you're such a goooood daaaad!" He punches his shoulder playfully. "oh my god phoenix she called me dad" He hides his face in his hands. "awwww milessss" Phoenix says, leaning on his shoulder.

Miles sits on the bed. "You're gonna be a good dad Miles" Phoenix looks at miles lovingly. "what if I don't want to be a dad..." Miles looks down, thinking of the DL-6 incident. The word "dad" had already been sort of a trigger word for him, now he had to be one? "Miles.."

"What.. What if I can't Phoenix.." Miles sighs,his eyes tearing up. "Aw Miles.." Phoenix pulls the prosecutor into a bear hug."It'll be alright.. You'll be a great dad, Miles." He smiled at the tallermale. "If you say so.." Miles said, hugging Phoenix back. "Now c'mon let's go get ice cream while she's sleeping" He snickers a bit and grabs Miles's hand.

((I suck at writing lol so sorry abt that))