Chapter Ten

Savannah

I cracked my eyes opening peering over at the open window. It was still slightly dark out, the orange hues breaching the horizon. As I sit up, last night flashes through my mind, and panic fills me. I reach beside me to find cold sheets, as is he was never here. But I can still feel his touch, his tongue, his breath, everything that made me come undone last night.

Clambering out of bed I throw on a black lace bra, a purple V-neck shirt, and a pair of black leggings. As I lace up my combat boots a knock and creak steal my attention.

"Morning, Sunshine. How'd you sleep?" Jun's cheerful voice washes over me in a sound of bliss. My cheeks heat once more as I thought about the previous night's events, or could it have just been a dream? A very dirty, and very lucid dream.

"I slept alright...did I do anything strange last night?" Jun simply shook his head his face giving away nothing.

"Nope, you went to your room and slept last night," Jun confirmed. I let my eyes run over him taking in his appearance. His hair was pulled into a loose bun on top of his head, his slightly tanned skin covered by a white t-shirt and dark washed jeans. Jun's eyes give me a once over before stopping on my face. There was something that swirled in his eyes that I couldn't place my finger on.

"Make sure you have everything you'll need, we leave in thirty minutes." Jun gave me a quick smile before closing the door. He was acting off, could it be that I was talking in my sleep last night? Did he hear me calling out for him I slapped my cheeks as they warmed. Okay, now is not the time for this...I need to get myself together. It was probably just a wet dream, there's no way that Jun would show that type of interest in me.

Once I was packed, I made my way down to the car. The twins insisted that we needed an armed vehicle after the last catastrophe. This time we had a black Bentley Mulsanne, the epitome of class and protection. I was thrilled to ride in such luxury, seeing as how I rarely left the pack lands. Jun finished loading the last of our bags into the trunk and slammed it shut.

"Sav," Cass called from behind me. I turned to find her and Serenity jogging up to me. Cass wore a pink sports bra and black leggings, black Nike, and a light black jacket. Her hair was tied into a messy bun on top of her head. Serenity was dressed similarly, only she was wearing a white t-shirt, and her silver hair was braided down her back.

"What's up? Did you just come from training?" I ask.

"Yes," Serenity huffed.

"There was something I needed to tell you before you left," Cass began.

"Be careful. I have a close friend on the way to the pack as well, he'll be there to assist you and Jun, he may arrive before you. I know that the alpha can be a bit of an ass. Better safe than sorry right?" She laughed nervously. It was almost as if she was truly worried about this alpha's credibility. Chuckling, I roll my eyes. I know she had my best interest at heart so I wasn't affected by the knowledge of another person tagging along. I was actually grateful that there would be someone else there to assist, along with her quick thinking. Cassandra is a wonderful Alpha, I'm sure Josiah and Jeremiah are proud.

"Also, what happened with Jun last night? Aoife said he was grinning like a loom this morning when he came to let us know you guys were leaving soon." Serenity chimed in. My friends bounced on their toes as they waited for me to answer, what is up with these two?

"What do you mean? I took a shower and went to bed," I glanced between the two giving them an odd look. Serenity and Cass smirked at each other before looking back at me.

"You smell...different." Cass stepped forward sniffing me. I scrunched my nose at her. "You two weird me out sometimes." I dismissed them as I walked towards the passenger door.

"We'll be expecting details when you get back!" Cass waved. The two broke out in a fit of giggles, it was beyond me. I never seemed to understand what was going on in their minds. I settled in the passenger seat watching from the window as Jun and Aoife spoke in hushed tones.

Once they were finished Jun climbed into the driver's seat and took off down the road. We drove in silence for the first two hours, neither of us making an attempt at small talk. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, no matter what I did my dream from last night is on repeat in my head like a broken record. How could something like that feel so real?

I shifted once more as I felt my arousal igniting. Being in such close proximity with the man I dreamt of pleasuring me to the point of no return was really starting to do something to me.

"Something wrong, Sunshine?" Jun asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"W-what? No, nothing. I'm fine." Jun shot me a look from the corner of his eye.

"Is it about us walking in on your girl talk yesterday? I swear we didn't do it on purpose. If it makes you feel any better, we didn't hear anything before we got to the door," Jun rambled. I quickly shook my head, I was sure they heard more with their sensitive hearing.

"I had a weird dream last night...it felt so lifelike but at the same time as if it was all in my head."

"Did you enjoy your dream?" Jun asked, sparing me a glance.

"It was nice, and it felt good. Although I am a bit confused in terms of my feelings." I responded, wringing my hands together in my lap I sigh.

"What if I told you it wasn't a dream?" Jun's voice dropped creating a husky tone.

"I-it wasn't?" Jun smirked his shoulders easing into the seat.

"You taste wonderful, Sunshine." Jun's hand landed on my thigh and squeezed softly.

"Wait, why didn't we stop?" I panicked. I can't believe I thought that was a dream! Everything felt too real for it to be anything but. My body shivered at the thought of Jun between my legs once more.

"There was no way that you would let me. I had originally come in to check on you because I heard a scream, the scent of your arousal was too much for me to ignore."

But...my mate. My dead mate. Would this be okay to do? I'm not in love with the guy, us sleeping together would just be something to scratch that itch. I gaze at Jun, the smirk never left his lips as he focused on driving.

"How about this," I start. "Why don't we be friends with benefits? Neither of us have mates anymore, and I'm sure you have your urges too. At the moment you're the only person I could trust with this." I offered. Jun's lips formed into a hard line, his hands clenching and unclenching the wheel.

"Fine, you're mine for now. When you have your urges you come to me." Jun agreed, although, his tone was giving me a different vibe. It was almost as if he wasn't satisfied with my suggestion

We rode in silence the rest of the way, Jun would occasionally shot a glance my way before focusing back on the road. His shoulders were tensed as he drove, the overall tensions seeping from him was hitting me hard and leaving a bad taste in my mouth

We finally arrived at the edge of the pack lands, the large wall that surrounded the area was definitely something new. The Twins said they trust this man...but should I? Jun put the car in park, unbuckled and stepped out of the car. I watched as two wolves approached him from the gates, both males wore black long-sleeved shirts and green army pants. I rolled down the window, with the full intention of keeping an ear out on the situation.

"Can we help you?" The man on the right said, his voice and face emotionless.

"We are companions of the stone twins. I am sure your alpha was informed that we would be on our way." Jun kept his tone even, despite the tension I could see in his shoulders. The males shared a look as they used their mind links.

"Alpha Jones will see you now." The other confirmed.

Here goes nothing.