Chapter Fourteen

Savannah

My ears rang as I slowly regained consciousness. My head throbbed and my body ached.

Where am I?

"Please...baby, wake up," a voice drifted in, the voice distressed as it called out for me. Cracking my eyes open I quickly shut them, the bright light of the room being too much to bear.

"Savannah?" Another voice called. I groaned in response. I tried swallowing but my throat was too scratchy. My tongue felt thick in my mouth from a lack of moisture.

I peel my eyes open once more, blinking a few times before my blurred vision focused.

Cassandra and Serenity were seated to my left, their faces twisted in worry. I grinned weakly at them. Glancing to my right, a disheveled Jun sat his hands running over his face.

"W-what's got you so stressed about, Jun?" I croaked. Jun's head snapped up, his eyes were bloodshot and slightly puffy. He looked as if he's been crying and hasn't slept for days.

"Sunshine?" He scrambled closer to me, his eyes searching my face for harm.

"Here drink," he ordered as he brought a glass of water to my lips. I sipped the water slowly, letting the cool liquid soothe my sore throat. Once finished he placed the glass back on a table, his eyes never leaving me for a second.

"How long have I been out?" I asked looking around. My head is killing me, I reach up and run a hand over my forehead.

"One week," Cassandra placed her hand on mine giving it a small squeeze.

"What happened? All I remember is..." I trailed off as images of lightning filled my mind.

Cole...

Jun...

Must protect...

"You stopped me from getting hit," Jun growled, his eyes boring into mine. I could see through the fog he kept at the forefront. He was scared. Shit, I was too. It was history trying to repeat itself and I was not having it. I don't know if it was my wolf or the mark but everything in me was screaming to protect this man.

"Don't. Ever. Do. That. AGAIN." Jun ground out as he hauled me out of the bed and into his lap. My legs wrapped around his waist as he took his seat, his body pressed impossibly close to my own heating my skin. His hand gripped the base of my neck as he forced his nose into my neck, absorbing my scent with deep inhales. My wolf purred in his hold, no matter how strong of a hold I've had on her he always seemed to pull her forth.

Jun's other hand trailed down my spine, his fingertips dipping under my shirt and splaying flat against my back. Sparks ignited over my skin, and for the first time I embraced them. I mimicked Jun's movements by pressing my own nose into the crook of his neck and scenting him. One hand going to the base of his neck and gripping his hair, the other dipping under his shirt and smoothing across his stomach.

"Um...did you forget that you have company?" Serenity's voice shocked me out of my trance. Jun's hold was too tight for me to break it, instead I glanced behind me to my confused friends.

"What'd we miss?" Damien's jovial tone bounced around the room as him, Aoife, and the twins entered the room. Jun growled in warning, his wolf now barely breaking skin. His size began to bulk up against me. The overwhelming need to comfort him surged through me. I pulled back to look into his eyes. His eyebrows are scrunched in a frown, his eyes glowing golden with his wolf. I run my hand over his chin and to his neck, leaning forward I press a kiss to his nose before moving to do the same to his cheeks and forehead. I finally make it to his lips and press mine to his, his body after relaxing from my previous actions released the last lingering tension.