Chapter 60: Save what can still be saved

'Just what did he do this time round?' Was the question that circled inside Han Minghuan's from the roof.

In the yard, there was his mother reprimanding his fourth little brother who was looking down dejectedly with the maids waiting somewhere from the side.

He was just waiting for the moment to come out when his mother lashed out at Han Yingmin with a more harsher tone.

"Where are you looking? Look at me if I talk to you, Han Yingmin!" Ma'am Han crouched down and peered up at her son's face, only to see her son's blank look.

Ma'am Han was astonished for a moment before she came back to herself. She relaxed her facial expressions then gently held up her son's face.

"Ying'er can't you smile for your mother again? It breaks my heart to see you like this." Her pleading seemed to be making him waver, his eyes kept moving between his mother's face and somewhere elsewhere, but in the end it was just wavering.

'I'm a bad boy.'

Making his mom worry made him an unfilial son and he was also a disappointment to Elder.

When Ma'am Han saw that Han Yingmin's mood just plummeted more her heart also felt painful.

'I can't do anything for him even when I'm supposed to be his mother.'

The maid on the side also felt pity well up within them just from seeing the sad mother-son pair.

Han Minghuan also felt like he was washed over with sadness at that moment.

'Strange.' Thought Han Minghuan, usually he would feel pity for his little brother, but sadness? This much sadness that it could make him cry?

*BONG BONG BONG*

At the palace all the bells were rang at the same time. Only when there was an emergency would those bells be rang.

Han Minghuan immediately pushed himself away from the roof and swam as fast as he could towards the palace.

'I hope that Hao Chengcheng is alright.'

. . . . .

In the throne room after the Sea God saintess left, He Rongxi sat on his throne, gazing at the door expectantly.

"Do you really think that she will come from the door?"

"She better will, if not then I will..." He Rongxi slowly turned his head around. On his right, there was the Goddess Temple's elder.

Surprise couldn't define how he felt when a stoick faced wrinkly old mermaid showed up beside him.

"It's not courteous to show up like this before your king." He Rongxi immediately composed himself after remembering his position. A king showing weakness was a fatal mistake that could give others the chance to go up against him.

"... You might be king, I give you my respect for that, but it is my decision who I follow and where my loyalty lies, Your Majesty."

The atmosphere turned sour after she said that.

"Did you know? The merkind's first king was said to be a god." He stopped, waiting for a reaction.

"He was unmatched both in mind and body. He was a great king whose descendants also inherited his powers to rule over the seas. Talking impudently before the King of the Sea, are you not afraid of my wrath, Lady Yueru?"

His arrogant tone with which he looked down on her annoyed Yurue to no end.

"... Then Your Majesty, do you, by chance know what had happened to that legendary king?"